
He always has been partial to the quilt and while many blankets found their way to a drawer, this one always stayed within an arm's reach. It is now his official school nap time blanket.
We saw Jane and Dave again this Christmas and they gave us a new quilt for baby boy. This quilt was also handmade by the same lady who made Wyatt's quilt.
When we opened it, they told us that if we were going to have any more children, we needed to let them know now because....the sweet lady who made the quilts is now 97 YEARS OLD!
My goodness - I couldn't imagine having the steady hand and eyesight needed to quilt at age 70 much less 97! And I will probably never have the natural talent or patience to take on a project like this.
I have made a mental note (that will probably go right out of my little mind once the baby arrives) to take a picture of the boys with their quilts and have Jane pass it along to their friend.
3 comments:
That is so cool and such an awesome gift to be given. Richard had a couple of quilts handmade for him when he was little that Kinley now has! It is going to be so special for your boys to be able to pass their quilts along to their little ones one day!
The quilt is beautiful! What a great thing to have! That picture of Wyatt is too cute!!!
Wow- 97 yrs old making such beautiful quilts! I think it is awesome. I have several made by my Granny and they are priceless to me!
Post a Comment