Monday, January 4, 2010

34 Week Bump & a Name

Just call him Hoss.

Hoss Donaldson

At least that is what I will be calling him until we meet him and decide on a more appropriate, long term name for the boy.

Why Hoss? I think you can probably guess.

I had my 34 week check up today and finally got to see Dr. C.

She was really just interested in measuring me as she saw I was measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule at my last visit.

Hoss didn't disappoint.

At 34 weeks, I measured in at...




37 weeks!




Wow. Seriously. What. is. up?


Dr. C. wants to do an ultrasound at week 36 although she said that won't give us a definite on his weight just an estimate. There is a 1 pound margin of error so if the ultrasound projects his birth weight to be 8 pounds, he could really be as little as 7 pounds or as much as 9 pounds. But it will give us an idea of where he is at and I am fine with any excuse to get to see him so no complaints here.

So for now, my job is to continue to provide a nice, warm, nourishing environment for Hoss to continue to thrive in.

Here are a couple 34 week pics. If I wasn't so modest, I would do one with the bare belly showing b/c that is what really makes you go "Huh? 5 more weeks of growth in there? Good luck with that."







Here are a few pics of Hoss' room. I still need "decor" to bring in some much needed color i.e. artwork, curtains, and a rug but the basics are in order.










I am debating on what color rug to get - dark brown, light blue, or lime green. What do you think? Also, I am not sure where to look for one so let me know if you have any suggestions!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Bless your heart! I know how you feel! Clay would always measure at least 4 weeks ahead. The bedding looks great!!! Very cute! I always like a chocolate brown rug on hardwoods...

LuLu's Lane said...

Goodness I can only imagine how you must feel. Hoss is a great name though! :) It goes well with Wyatt. Love the bedding- I agree a chocolate brown would be nice but if you want a pop of color go green.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so cute! For real!! The nursery is really cute too and I really like the bedding... GREAT JOB! Target always have cute, affordable rugs, but I'm not sure of the quality?

Lea Anne Hardy said...

I think you look beautiful :)