Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bump Watch 36 weeks & Update

YAY!!! I made it to 36 weeks! After last week, that definitely feels like a huge accomplishment. I had my doctor's appointment today and ultrasound. Perhaps the name Hoss was a little harsh - maybe Plumpy would have been a better nick name.

He did measure ahead of schedule but nothing outlandish. At 36 weeks, they estimated his weight to be at 6 1/2 pounds. If I carried him the whole 40 weeks, he would probably be in the 8 pound range but that is nothing compared to what I was fearing he would be.

I am scheduled to see Dr. C. next Monday and we are going to take it a week at a time. She certainly didn't seem like she was worried about me going into labor before then so I am just going to continue my regimen of water and rest. I had only gained a half a pound in the last 2 weeks which was odd because I had gained 5 during the previous 2 week period. I am guessing it has to do with all the water.

Here are a couple 36 week pics. The sweater is not a maternity sweater although I guess it will be forever stretched out. You can see it doesn't even cover the belly so I have to wear a tank underneath.





Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts. We are getting excited to get to the end of this LONG pregnancy and are ready to meet our plumpy boy!

3 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

Okay...we're ready to meet little plumpy!!! That name could grow on me :)

LuLu's Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuLu's Lane said...

"Plumpy"~ I love it- too cute! Glad everything is going well. I can't wait to meet plumpy either, not much longer for ya... Did you know that you are so cute prego? Have I told you that before? haha

PS- I had to correct my spelling errors from above. haha