We are definitely still in the adjustment phase of having a new little family member in our home. J and I are doing pretty good but Wyatt is definitely having a hard time. Both Wy and I had to shed a few tears last night and he seems to be doing better today. That is the hardest part of this entire experience thus far. Chase is a dream baby - thus far of course. I am sure we will hit a bump or two in the road with him but for now, he is eating well and sleeping well. And pooping and peeing well. All you moms know that is an important part of having a new baby.
I am so thankful that he is doing well because it is helping me to have the energy and patience I need to give Wyatt the attention he needs to feel secure. I am also thankful for the weekend so we have J here with us. Several times on Friday both Wyatt and Chase needed me at the same time and it was like "OK, how do I choose?" I just hope that Wy continues to feel more secure as each day passes. He is very lovey with Chase - likes to kiss him and hold him and he is being a good helper to me. I can just tell that he was more than fine with life the way it was before Chase's arrival and he is trying to deal with the fact that it won't ever be that way again. And that is hard for me as a mom to watch him process those feelings.
But anyway, enough Dr. Phil. Here is a short video that J took after Chase was born. The quality isn't very good since we just used my digital camera. (I want that snazzy little Flip recorder and this is evidence I NEED one, don't you think?) Since he arrived so fast, we were the only two at the hospital so I wanted to be sure to document the specifics of his arrival. I had every intention of calling our families when I got to about an 8 or so but as you will hear, Chase just flew on past that so we didn't get a chance to call anyone before he arrived. It was just about the most peaceful experience I have ever had. One minute I was lying there all nice and comfy with that wonderful epidural and less than 15 minutes later, I was holding my new baby in my arms. Definitely one of the best days of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment