Monday, February 1, 2010

Wouldn't a Spray Tan be Easier?

When we first got home, this was pretty much the position that Chase and I stayed in...




I could literally just eat this little guy up. He smells so sweet and makes the cutest little facial expressions when he is stretching and waking up from his little nap.




Of course on Sunday we found out that Chase's bilirubin levels had not gone down enough so he had to start phototherapy treatment aka the tanning bed. We had to go meet with a nurse over at the Nurses HomeCare office so she could go over everything with us as far as how to use the bed. The nurse was SUPER FRIENDLY and kept trying to engage Wyatt while J and I were just like "let's get on with it so we can get home." I know it is her job to go over everything but she even showed us how to unplug it by holding it at the outlet instead of pulling the cord. She also asked me if I knew how to take a temperature under the arm. SERIOUSLY.

The fatigue had caught up with me and I was crying when we got home because I did not want to put him in that bed. He is supposed to stay in there 20 - 22 hours a day. I am allowed to take him out to feed him and change him but then he has to go back in. I was terrified he was going to be crying the entire time but I was so wrong.

HE LOVES HIS SUN TAN BED!

He can wear socks, a diaper, and a hat. Then she instructed me to layer blankets as needed to keep him warm as I have to monitor his temperature. That worried me a little b/c I know you aren't supposed to put blankets in the crib with newborns but I think he is strapped down too tight in that gown to move them any.

So here he is when I lay him down before I get him all warm and cozy.



And here he is all snug as a bug in a rug. I am so thankful and relieved that he has done well in this bed.



Wyatt is doing better with each day too. He got to play with his cousins on Sunday afternoon and then spent the night and today with his Ditda and Poppy. He and Ditda baked me a cake and he has been playing the Wii with Jeremy tonight while Chase works on his tan.

5 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

Sweet, sweet baby boy...I just love his little face. I think it's easier to enjoy the newness of the newborn baby the second time around :)

Love you sis!

Mama A said...

Awh... he is a handsome little guy Emily and he looks so comfy in that warm bed!

Leslie said...

He is so stinkin' cute!!!! That's kind of neat that it's just a little glow light that he lays on. I need one of those in my bed to keep me warm!

LuLu's Lane said...

He is such a precious little boy- he looks snug as a bug in a rug! He is such a cutie patootie.

Sarah said...

Love, love love him already. I REALLY can't wait to see him and hold him now...