We did go to my parent's house on Sunday so we could celebrate Wyatt's birthday with my side of the family. There were lots of eager "baby holders" there - especially little Clara YouMei! She LOVES her some baby time. She is very interested in him and wants to hold him, pat him, or just be in contact with him in some way. We think she would have him in the baby doll bed in the play room if we turned our backs so he was in the "baby protection program" which means an adult was always holding him.
So here is Wyatt with his store bought dinosaur cake - he is being a T-Rex hence the claws and facial expression!
And here is the homemade cake that he and I did on his birthday.
Isn't it....lovely? Remember, Martha Stewart I am NOT. :)
He placed all the little creatures on it and wanted it to say "Wyatt Big D with a dot". At school there is a Wyatt P. and he is Wyatt D. so he thinks the "big D with a dot" always needs to follow his name.
He wanted to add the little sprinkles on the entire cake but his daddy said he did not like sprinkles. So Wyatt left the top right corner piece sprinkle free. Then he took the purple icing and made a big dot on that piece so we would know that was his daddy's piece.
On the newborn front, I picked up this little bouncy seat the other day as I felt Chase's entertainment options were slim.
My friend Leslie got him a Miracle Blanket which is the best thing ever. It swaddles him up nice and tight. I quickly realized that I needed a back up so I had my MIL pick him up another one. You can undo the bottom which still keeps his upper body swaddled for diaper changes or when you need to strap him in to some kind of contraption. Notice his little socks - that is the only way they stay on. These are newborn socks but they won't stay up unless I tuck his pants down into them - a little salute to the fabulous 80's!
...and then this hat - so cute but a little big as well.
4 comments:
We need to come visit... SOON!!!! I love Wyatt's bday cake and I'm so glad Chase is lovin' his miracle blanket!! Definitely good to have a back-up!
Couldn't help but smile reading the birthday cake description...so cute. Baby Chase looks so sweet and snuggly in that blanket!!
I just love his B-day cake and the blob in the corner for J's piece with no sprinkles made me laugh. He is so funny and super smart. I love the pics of the boys. Chase looks all snuggie in his little blanket. :)
The homemade birthday cake is precious!I bet you love having a little baby in the house again... all those baby sounds and smells go away much too quickly!!!!
Post a Comment