I love it and hate it all at the same time. It is so great to have you be such a big helper to me. You are so self sufficient which is a big plus now that baby Chase has arrived. But at the same time, when I hold your brother, it takes me right back to when you were born and it does seem like yesterday. In fact, I still catch myself calling Chase by your name when I am talking to him.
When you were born, I remember thinking you were just perfect.

You were so big and healthy with a perfectly round face and a beautiful head covered in dark hair. I have learned so much by being your mother - the biggest thing would be patience. And unconditional love.
You have always had a smile on your face from the time you were old enough to really give those smiles out. You wake up happy just about every day. You sleep upstairs all by yourself in your big boy bed. You usually sleep about 10 1/2 - 11 hours at night but you are an early riser. You get up when you see the blue sky coming in through your blinds. And you call out to me "Maaaaamaaaa - I took a good night night nap."
You are a skinny little thing - only 33 pounds! But you have always been slim and I think it is because you don't slow down from the time you get up until you go to bed. You are 39 inches tall and seem about average compared to your classmates.
You are really turning into a great eater - finally. You love chicken so we tell you everything is chicken and you eat it. For instance last night we had roast and potatoes. So we said it was brown chicken. Ham is pink chicken. Pork chops we just call chicken b/c it looks like it. And you will eat chicken just about any way we make it. You are eating your vegetables too. You love corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and you ate fried okra the other night. And you LOVE these noodles I make that are tossed in butter, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Who knew? But you still refuse to eat a hamburger.
My friend Melissa did an interview with her daughter when she turned 6 which I thought was a great way to document who you are at this age. So here is your 4 year old interview. I love you sweet boy, my firstborn, and am so proud of you. You will always hold a very special place in my heart.
Love,
Mama
(for some reason the entire video didn't download but you get the idea)
4 comments:
Awww! I wish we could see the whole video!! How funny that his favorite animal is an Emu! And the chicken thing CRACKED me up!!! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!
Too cute!! I love this idea! He is too funny!
I loved it! He just cracked me up with his fav animal being an Emu! He has a precious little spirit. I think this idea is great. He will love them when he is 18 in college and still doing them. haha
What a GREAT idea! I am definitely going to have to remember that!!!
Post a Comment