At least that is what I am attempting to do.
This was week 35 and a tough week. I got dehydrated which resulted in a trip to the hospital. I was having significant contractions and just by drinking water, albeit lots and lots of water, they lessened in intensity and then in frequency. I didn't even have to have an IV. So, I have spent the rest of the week resting and drinking water. While I wasn't drinking huge amounts of Dr. Pepper, I was drinking at least one a day. So I quit that cold turkey and have done water, gatorade, and an occasional glass of iced tea.
I had one other day of contractions that did eventually go away after I went back to bed and slept for several hours. I am very thankful for my MIL who has been very helpful this week with taking Wyatt off my hands so I could rest. I think my body is telling me that, for whatever reason, this time around I can't be on the go like I was when I pregnant with Wyatt. So I am trying to be a good little mama although it is really hard for me to just sit. Especially when there are things that I could be doing that I know need to be done. So it is something I am working on.
I am scheduled to see Dr. C. on Tuesday so I will know more after that appointment. I am thinking I may need to do a self imposed week of bed rest because my FIL is leaving for Costa Rica on Wednesday. Since we own our own business, he is our back up for opening, closing, bank, etc. all of which he can't do from Costa Rica. So I really, really, really do not want to have the baby this week. You know, because I would like for my husband to be with me while I am in labor. I can just see it now. "OK, I got to run lock up and I'll be back. Try not to have him while I am gone." I was dilated to a 2 when I was at the hospital on Monday so I am curious to see what I will be when I see Dr. C. on Tuesday - praying I am still at a 2.
I did get a great brown shag rug from Target last weekend so the nursery looks better already. I am also having my friend Leslie's sister Juli do canvas art work for the nursery. She sells her artwork on etsy (http://www.littlesisterart.etsy.com) and did some great canvases for Leslie when she had her baby Clay. So I sent her pictures of the bedding and she sent me the cutest sketches of what she is going to create. I can't wait to show them to you all once they arrive.
Also, we do have the name narrowed down to two. We have decided not to share them ahead of time as I keep changing my mind and I let other's reactions affect my decision. I am just like that. We also decided that we want to see him and then make the final decision. The names go well together in either order so it is just waiting to meet him to see what he looks like to us!
4 comments:
As bad as I want to know this new little one's name, I think I'm even more excited about the day you deliver b/c we will be surprised!!! You are so close now, I can't believe the time is almost here for you to be a mother of 2!!!
We've been praying for you...
Love,
Erica
Costa Rica?? That sounds fun! I will definitely be praying that you do not have the baby while he's gone!!! Can't wait to find out the name!!
REST now as much as you can girl! I can't wait to hear what you guys finally decided on for his name. Praying for you not to have him until big daddy comes back.
"Rest"...it sounds so simple, but it is so tough when you get towards the end. So much on your mind that you need to do! I hope you are able to stay off of your feet and are able to squeeze in extra naps.
Can't wait to find out the name!
Post a Comment