I know I mentioned last year that we are carrying on a tradition that my parents did for me - giving an ornament to Wyatt each year to represent what that year was about. Most of the ornaments on our tree are from my childhood and I love rediscovering them each year. This year was a little tougher for me with Wyatt b/c they don't make ornaments of unhappy boys living in a trailer which is what I feel so much of 2009 was about. :)
So I thought about the highlights of the year and the fun times we did manage to have together during our 'escape from reality ' sessions. The obvious choice was TRAINS. We took a train ride with his cousins and his Didi and Papa. We also spent the night in a train car at the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel which thrilled him as well. And the child knows all kinds of things about trains that he has learned from watching YouTube clips on all the various kinds of trains that are out there. And don't even get me started on all the trips to Southerland Station we took this summer.
So I got him this ornament:
And then the other big thing he was slightly obsessed with this year was Dinosaurs. We have several books, we have Discovery channel movies, we rented Disney's Dinosaur movie several times, and we saw an IMAX movie about Dinosaurs when we took Wy to the McWane Center in Birmingham.
So I got him this one too:
I don't usually get one for J and I but I wanted to be sure to get one to remember our move.
I am also working on creating one with my mom that I will share once we get our rears into gear and make it!
Here are a few others that represent places we have visited:
New Orleans
Bahamas
Hawaii
Paris
My parents brought us this from their trip to Ireland
Here is my Baby's First Christmas ornament from 1977
Here is Wyatt's Baby's First Christmas ornament from 2006
Even Phoebe got an ornament back in 1998 for her first Christmas with us
And here is our tree which Wyatt helped me decorate this year.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
2 comments:
hey emily! your 30 week belly is so cute!!! you are seriously one of the cutest pregnant people i have ever seen. hope you guys are enjoying your new house!
How sweet that you still have your ornament from your first Christmas!! You've inspired me to do a Christmas decoration post... although, that would mean I need to finish it up first!
Post a Comment