SNOW!
Just enough to be pretty but not enough to interfere with the plans for the day.
Two of my really good friends that I have kept up with since high school visited us Saturday morning to see the new house. Wyatt had fun playing with Tara's kids while Tara, Lori, and I had a chance to catch up.
Then our friends Jan and Dale came over that afternoon to watch the Alabama Crimson Tide ROLL over the Florida Gators! It was a great game and so fun to be able to host friends in our home. I made a couple appetizers and then served Santa Fe Soup with a really yummy cornbread recipe that I am going to share at the end of this post. Believe me - it's not your average cornbread. It is moist and delicious and I can never limit myself to less than at least 3 pieces.
Tomorrow I go in for my 30 week appointment and am having a 4-D ultrasound. I am excited to see what he "looks" like at this point. And because I was dressed up from church, I went ahead and had J take my 30 week bump pic a day early.
And just because I like to post pics of my little guy, here is Wy playing with the Legos he swiped from his Didi's house this afternoon.
He has just recently become very interested in building things with Legos and this is a garbage truck that he made. And because I am pretty sure he doesn't read my blog, I feel it is safe to share that he is getting some of his very own Lego's for Christmas this year.
NOT YOUR AVERAGE CORNBREAD RECIPE:
Preheat oven to 425
Grease & flour a 9 x 13 pan
Mix the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups self rising corn meal
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 small can (6 oz I think) of cream style corn
- 8 ounce sour cream
- shake in a couple tablespoons of minced onion
Pour mixture into pan and bake 15 - 20 minutes
2 comments:
Look at your cute bump!!! And that cornbreak recipe sounds delicious!!
She has the cutest bump ever! It was lots of fun Sat and your house is beautiful- love that pot filler! haha
Post a Comment