Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"You Be Marewee"

A couple of months ago I started reading Wyatt a children's version of the Christmas Story - it wasn't too complicated but it told the true story of the night Jesus was born - plus there were cute barn animals. In fact, for awhile, he was much more concerned about why the cow wasn't on page 10 than about the actual story. We certainly didn't read it every night but it usually made it into his pile of books a couple of times a week at least.

So last night Wyatt handed me his favorite "blue blank" and said "Here, you be Marewee." He handed J a pillow and said "You be Jofuf" (not sure how a pillow makes him Joseph - he may have him confused with the man in the red suit?) and he held up his favorite teddy bear and said "this is baby Jesus".

So I asked him "Well, who are you?" And he said "I be the Angel" and held his arms above his head almost like when you do the "A" in YMCA...not that I am doing that much these days. But anyway, here is Marewee, Baby Jesus, and the Angel. Notice the grip the Angel has on baby Jesus.




Here is Wyatt laying in the manger with baby Jesus who is now swaddled in Marewee's head wrap. The Angel knows how to make do with the supplies you have!

1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

That is truly priceless! He is so precious. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas. Love ya girl