Sunday, December 14, 2008

Party of Five...for the night

Two of Wyatt's cousins spent the night with us on Friday night: Emma, who is 6, and David Aaron (DA), who is 4. This was the first time that Wyatt has had company over to spend the night. He was so excited when they got in the car and he wasn't stuck in the back on his own like usual. For those of you with more than one child, even though I am sure it is tougher in many ways, be thankful that your children have each other. As much as Wyatt loves us, it just isn't the same playing trucks with mom versus getting to play with another child. He was beaming the entire time they were with us.

We took them to Cheeburger, Cheeburger for dinner. I experienced a "potty break" with 2 boys in the ladies room on my own for the first time. Interesting conversation, let's just leave it at that. When I got back to the table with them, Emma had discovered that she liked, no loved, onion rings and she and J had polished off a basket of them.

First stop on the way home was Movie Gallery - I went in alone (loading and unloading 3 kids - not so much) and scored the last "Horton Hears a Who." I called J on his cell to have him ask them if they had seen the movie and I hear him ask: "Hey Emma, have y'all seen 'Horton Hears a Hoot?'" Poor J - did they not have Dr. Suess books at Huntland Elementary?

Stop number 2 was Publix where J ran in to get some ice cream. While he was inside, they all decided they needed to go to the bathroom. With Wyatt, you can't afford to wait too long so I just took them all in with me to the "Family Bathroom." There was just the one potty with no stall so there was alot of "don't look; turn around" type comments.

On the way home (how come you live so far away Mimi?) the conversation turned towards Christmas. We were having the standard "what do you want" conversation when little Emma said the sweetest and the truest thing I have heard out of a 6 year old's mouth. And I made sure to repeat it to myself several times so I could get it right for the blog.

Emma said: Do you know what the 2 best things are that we get for Christmas? God's word and His Love.

Emma has already announced to everyone that she plans to be a missionary and I think she is on the right career path.

The kids camped out on the living room floor but Wyatt got kicked off the island b/c he would NOT settle down. I managed to get a few pics of DA on Saturday morning while they were playing trucks. Emma loves to take "silly pictures" on my computer so I am posting a few of those too. Thanks for spending the night with us DA and Emma Bean - Wyatt had such a great time playing with you.


DA:





Emma:


Emma's silly pics:




DA & Emma:

1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

Wow at how much they have grown. They look just like you! To be a family of five huh, could you imagine? I don't know how all you super Moms do it! :) I loved the comment from J "Horton Hears a Hoot" I laughed my botty off. Thanks for sharing. XoXo