Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wordless Wednesday...and a Weary Woman



This photo was taken while my naughty little boy was sitting on his Time Out Chair (TOC).

Disclaimer:
The majority of the time, my son is a very sweet, loving, funny, energetic, and obedient little boy. But, that isn't nearly as "entertaining" to write about.

So, without further ado, other "Weary Moments" not captured on film:

A day prior to the above incident, I found Wyatt hiding in the bath tub surrounded by toilet paper. He had taken a roll into the tub and pulled all the sheets off. We were not going to waste perfectly good toilet paper just because it wasn't on the roll. So I gathered it all together and put it in a little basket next to the potty while Wy was on his TOC. That lasted one whole day and then he decided to put all of it in the potty.

Another day I found him on top of the washing machine. He had pushed a laundry basket to the front of it and climbed up to get to the top. I keep the Tide powder on a cart between my washer and dryer. He was sitting on the washer with the Tide lid opened and he had his feet buried in the powder. When I saw what he was doing, I shouted "Wyatt - no!". He quickly pulled his feet out of the powder while he turned around which scattered powder EVERYWHERE. Do you know how hard it is to get up every little pellet of Tide powder? I'd say harder than raw eggs.

This morning he opened up a drawer of a storage container that I keep under my bathroom counter. He pulled out a Batman slipper which I did not know was in there. In fact, I hadn't seen those slippers in several days. So I pulled out the other drawers looking for its match. I asked Wy where he put the other slipper and he said "in the trash can in the kitchen." Well, all the trash in the house went out to the curb on Monday morning so my guess is that the other Batman slipper is now RIP at the county dump.

Had enough? Yeah, me too. Not sure where I went wrong but I can't seem to keep him out of trouble these days. After he did the first toilet paper incident, I was having a pretty stern conversation with him. I asked him "Who do you think is in charge? Mama or Wyatt?"

And you know what he said?


Without hesitation?


"Bee-Bee (Phoebe)."

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha! I love it!! That picture is hilarious! I'm sure I'm going to have my share of it in the next year or so!

Aaron and Erica said...

What a little stinker!!!!

I'm glad you are writing these things down so that you can recite them at his wedding reception :)

LuLu's Lane said...

These are great! I just love it. I can just see him now with his feet in that tide box! Too flippin funny. Thanks for sharing. (hugs)

Mama A said...

Oh my goodness... is that what little boys are made of??? Sounds like it may be time for you to have another one! :)

Melissa said...

Oh wow! I agree, I'm glad you are writing these down...his new bride will love to hear about the "good ol days".