Wyatt came down with a fever Thursday morning that prevented him from going to school. Thinking it would be a 24 hour thing, we just hung out at the house.
Friday was more of the same - except the fever got higher and by the end of the day he was complaining about a sore throat. Fearing it might be strep, I took him to the doctor on Saturday morning. Two hours and one vial of blood later, it was determined that he had a virus and I was to keep doing what I had been doing - meds, fluids, and rest.
So my long couple of days turned into a long weekend.
Wy set up his Diego train track and unloaded his piggy bank full of change for the train to tote around the track.
Chase was enthralled with watching the train go around and around.
I only let Wyatt get close to Chase for these pictures and then it was back to trying to keep them as separate as possible. I am so thankful that Chase seemed to dodge the virus.
Wy spent alot of time watching shows and playing Mario Kart on the DS and on the Wii...
...with his friends Mr. Racoon and Jack the Bear.
At one point, I asked him if I could get him anything, and his response was "No thanks, Mr. Wacoon is taking cawe of me." To which I replied "Sweet, I am going shopping then." :)
He also made some pretty impressive Lego creations.
I spent alot of time disinfecting, dispensing meds, checking temperatures, and trying to keep both boys happy yet apart.
Yesterday he finally made it through the day fever free. I am glad he gets to go back to school tomorrow - they have a fun week planned of soccer on Tuesday, water play day on Wednesday, and Karate on Thursday!
4 comments:
Look at those big boys on that blanket!!! When did Chase get so big?? :) Didn't I just see him this weekend?
Great Lego creations Wyatt...now we know what to buy you for the next few years.
Glad he's feeling better and glad Chase didn't get it!! Clay needs to come over and play with Wy and that train. He'd love it!
Wow Chase is getting Big. The picture of the boys on the blanket is super cute. I am so glad Wy didn't give the tummy bug to Chase. I see Mr. Racoon is going strong- I love that Wy has it now!
Awesome Lego creations!!!
Post a Comment