Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy 16 Months Chase!

Sweet Chase -

What a week to turn 16 months! I can't believe I actually remembered to get some pictures of you today with all the end of the school year madness going on.




I have to do a quick flashback from 1 year ago when you were just 4 months old.



Back when you would stay still in your crib and we still had Sophie!


So I haven't done an update since you were 14 months old.




You weigh about 23 pounds and are about 30 inches in length.

You are wearing size 18 - 24 months in clothes and a size 4 diaper.

You actually gained your two top molars which brings your teeth total to 8. And the bottom ones are working on pushing through as well.




You are still doing well when it comes to eating. I always have little bags of snacks with me whenever I take you places because I know if all else fails, you will be happy to eat. You are interested in using a spoon and you can dip it into the yogurt container and get it in your mouth. I just have to hold the container for you. Sometimes I think you just want to hold a spoon no matter what it is you are eating. You also want to feed yourself so you are still getting plenty of baths.

I am trying to work with you on learning the parts of your face: eyes, ears, nose, etc. We are also working on learning names for things like tree, ball, juice, etc. You are at that stage where I can say "go get the ball" and you will do it. But when I tell you to say ball, you just look at me and say DONG. You kinda say DONG for everything.




Your little personality is really coming out. You definitely let it be known if you are unhappy about something. Recently you have been expressing your dislike for your car seat by screaming and arching your back when I try to put you in. I don't really blame you for that - I hate being in the car sometimes too.


You will give kisses if we ask for one. In fact, you will kiss just about anyone who does ask you. It is sweet to watch your big cousins get in line to get kisses from you. They do love to play with you and you are equally enthralled by them.


Your favorite indoor activity is to zoom around the house on your Toy Story 3 push car. And you love it even more when Wyatt gets on behind you and zooms you both around because he makes you go super fast!




Your favorite outdoor activity would be riding on the Gator with Wyatt. You like to hold the steering wheel while Wyatt pushes the "go pedal."




And of course I had to already share the big news that you FINALLY decided to walk! And you chose an otherwise unhappy day to do so. Such a sweet boy to give me a reason to smile that day. You had acually been walking as long as you held onto someone's finger. So we knew you could do it but you just didn't have the confidence until that day. I still do a double take when I see you walk by. You are getting steadier as each day goes by but you already have the bumps and bruises that come with a new walker.

Wow - the next update will be when you are 18 months old! You are growing up so fast little one. We love you.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Awww! He looks so old in these pictures!! He's too cute! The picture of him and Wy in the gator is adorable! I bet he has a blast riding in that with big brother!