Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Splash Kingdom

The last 2 weeks of Wy's summer camp was called "Let's Sing." A note came home saying the children would be learning songs and putting on a musical at the end of the week. I was skeptical, to say the least, that these little children, ages 3 - 6, would be able to learn 9 songs in that short amount of time.


Friday night was the musical and then they had an open house in which they had displayed all the art work the kids had made during the "Let's Make Art" camp. They all had matching shirts for the musical.





Jeremy and I didn't really expect Wy to do more than just stand there. I had kept asking him about how the singing was going and he never would sing any of it for me. I told him at one point that he would be the only child who didn't know how to sing a song. And he told me, straight faced, "Well I can sing Dave Matthews." Umm, yeah - let's keep that fact to ourselves son.





So, much to our surprise, Wy totally participated and sang along with the songs they learned. The 5 and 6 year olds sang all the songs while the 3 and 4 year olds only sang 4 songs. It was a good plan since it is hard for little ones to stand still and focus for that long. When they weren't singing, they came off the stage and sat in little chairs while the big kids sang.


It began with the kids running up the middle aisle and up on the stage. I managed to snap this one of Wy as he went by.




Check out those arm motions!




One of his masterpieces...




Us visiting his classroom that he will be in when he starts 4 year old Kindergarten next week!

2 comments:

LuLu's Lane said...

Love the family picture! I think he looks just like you in the pic of him quickly walking by you. He did really good on his art work too! Wy is getting to be so big.

Sarah said...

Way to go Wy!!!! Love the one of him coming down the isle!!!