Monday, July 26, 2010

Baby Chase is SIX MONTHS!




Happy half birthday Chase! You are continuing to grow and change so much and we are enjoying every minute of it. Here is what is going on with you these days.


You weigh about 16 pounds and are 26 1/2 inches in length.


You are wearing size 9 month clothing.


You wear a size 3 diaper.


You eat 6 - 7 ounces every 3 - 4 hours.







You are still sleeping great. You go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and those two fingers on your right hand immediately go in the mouth. You will sleep as late as 8:30 on days I don't have to get you up to take Wy to school.


You don't take a paci! I thought you would as you seemed to like them early on. But once you found those fingers you won't have anything to do with a paci. It is nice because I don't have to keep up with them and I won't have to break you of them.


You still give smiles to whoever gives you one. You haven't met a stranger - yet. I have a feeling that may start soon but so far so good.


You are eating lots of fruits mixed with either rice or oatmeal. You seem to like them all. You like sweet potatoes and carrots. But I have had to "hide" your squash and green beans by mixing them in with a fruit. I am feeding you food at breakfast and dinner but I think you would be more than happy to eat at noon time too.


Still no teeth - just drool and lots of chewing.


You roll every where, scoot around, and are even starting to rise up on all fours. But you don't know what to do from there so back down you go.


We got you a couple new developmental toys. If I set your ball between your legs and put your hands on it, you can balance and sit up on your own.







You have changed so much in the past 6 months and I know you will do more of that in the months to come. Check out how little you were at 1 month! Can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring.



 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh wow! 6 months old! I can't believe it. He's gotten so big and has changed so much! It's so nice to not have to worry about a paci!! Although you can't take his fingers away when it comes time to stop! I only hope Clay stops sucking his thumb on his own at an early age!

LuLu's Lane said...

Oh my he is getting way to big too fast. I need to come and see both your boys! I love the last pic to see how much he has changed over the last 6 mo.

Melissa said...

Happy Half Birthday! I loved looking at all of his month pictures side-by-side...his little face has filled out!

Sarah said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months... just seems impossible!! Happy 1/2 bday Baby Chase!!!