Sunday, July 4, 2010

Music To My Ears - Times Two

I wanted to share a quick video of Chase laughing. Wyatt was "swiping" and telling his dad that he'd "never see it again" and it went from there.





We have had a fun and busy 4th of July weekend. I actually do not have a single picture to share but I do have a sweet story.

Wyatt's cousin Jackson, who is almost 6, spent the night with us on Friday night. Saturday we all went over to my IL's so the boys could go swimming. They finally took a break to eat a quick lunch. We just gave them hot dogs and chips. They sat down at the table outside of the pool house and we were going back and forth bringing them napkins and drinks.

All of a sudden I heard these 2 sweet little voices singing "God our Father, God our Father, We give thanks, We give thanks. For our many blessings, For our many blessings. Ah-ahmen. Ah-ahmen," Those sweet boys took it upon themselves to give thanks before they ate. I would like to think that I would have reminded them but I hadn't at that point as we were still in the process of getting them everything they needed. I was very proud of both of them and hope they always feel that it is important to pause and give thanks.

3 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

Thank you for sharing that sweet story about our boys. As Jackson was hugging me and telling me about the fun time he had at Wyatt's house and everything he got to do I just couldn't help but think about all of the memories like these we would have to miss had we moved to U. Thank you for letting him spend the night and thank you for being a grate SIL. We love you!

LuLu's Lane said...

you have one happy baby- loved hearing him giggle. Such a sweet story of the boys praying- you are a good Momma and Auntie!

Leslie said...

Oh, my goodness! He's got the sweetest little laugh! And what a sweet story about Wy and his cousin!