I can't believe it is already the middle of July! The summer is flying by - actually this whole year seems to be flying by. So what have we been up to?
Wyatt completed his swim lessons and it was so nice to NOT have to go to Winchester every night. So there has been plenty of us just hanging out around the house...
Then I celebrated a birthday on Monday. Jeremy and Wyatt made me the MOST delicious strawberry cake with strawberry frosting. He got the recipe from a family friend we call Granny E so you know it was good.
You take a vanilla cake mix, add flour, eggs, oil, strawberry jello, and puréed strawberries which makes the batter.
The frosting was made from a BOX of powdered sugar, a stick of margarine, and more puréed strawberries. We added pecans as well. Believe me - it was DIVINE.
While we were busy in the kitchen, I thought Chase was playing on his ocean play mat - NOT. He is a scootin baby these days. I have got to get that Baby Condo ordered.
I had a great birthday. Jeremy came home early to watch the boys for me. I went "to town" with my MIL and we went to Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, and Reflections the furniture store. It was so nice to shop without kids in tow and without being in a rush. We must have spent at least an hour in Hobby Lobby and I got all kinds of home decor type things that I never have time to look for. My next house project is to get a table for my foyer and my pictures hung up in there as well. I will take some before shots and hopefully I will have some after shots soon.
And just because he is super cute, I added some pics of a certain little naked baby.
Don't you just love those rolls?!?!
2 comments:
Oh heavens. I love that the cake calls for an entire BOX of sugar!!! And speaking of sugar....look at those rolls!! I *do* love them!
Strawberry cake with strawberry icing is my FAVORITE!!! In fact, I had a strawberry cupcake at my fav bakery in Bham today! YUM!!! The naked pictures are adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting!
Post a Comment