Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Official - I'm a Soccer Mom

A cool soccer mom that is - no mom jeans here.

So we survived the first week of school for Morgan and Wyatt along with the early morning departures, homework, selecting glasses, the school car line, a soccer clinic, and Wy's first soccer practice with his team.


On Wednesday J took Wy to his very first soccer clinic practice which is open to all the kids playing in the league that wanted to attend. It is designed for first timers or those who want to improve their skills. J said there were about 100 kids there and it was pretty chaotic.





Meanwhile, Morgan and I were picking out some frames for her new glasses she is going to be wearing. She went for the thicker frames look instead of the thin metal frames. They are a dark brown frame and then they are blue on the inner part of the frame. Very studious looking don't you think?





Wyatt had his first official team practice on Thursday. There are just 6 to a team and the games will be 3 on 3 and no goalies.


And look who is on his team!





I am so excited that YouYou is going to play and be on Wy's team. She is the only girl but hung right in there with those boys and did a great job.


And the coaches are great too. That tall guy in the front is the head coach and is also my brother Aaron. And do you see who the assistant coach is? Wy is going to love this season for sure.





He has his own cheering section.





And loves to be outside and play even in this ridiculous heat.





YouYou showing her dribbling skills.





Another action shot.





Red faced, thirsty, sweaty and extremely happy to be playing.


5 comments:

Leslie said...

I bet watching those little kids play soccer is hysterical!! YouYou looks so tiny next to all those boys!

Unknown said...

Send us a schedule for sure! What fun for Aaron and J$ to coach them...I loved seeing the pictures of the boys - tell Morgan she is BEAUTIFUL! So is You-You's sassy little self - LOVE the team picture.

Aaron and Erica said...

I can't get over that picture of the team lined up with YouYou at the end. Is that really my little girl?? Playing soccer?? Oh my....she definitely brings some drama to the team :) I'm so proud of her though and I can't wait to see her and Wyatt playing a game together. They are so stinkin cute. It's going to be fun, fun, fun!!

Mama A said...

Hey Emily- Its been awhile since I've kept up w/ everyone's blog, but I enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading what you guys have been up to this summer! I can't believe how big the boys have gotten!! I know you are one happy mama.

LuLu's Lane said...

Great action shots! I can't wait to come and watch him play! Chase is getting so big too.