Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Since I made the big announcement, I have gotten several of the same questions so I thought I would put the questions here along with my answers to catch everyone up.

1. How far along are you?

I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and have my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday. The online due date calculator has my due date as February 15th but I will go with what Dr. Callison calculates on Tuesday.


2. Are you as sick as you were with Wyatt?

I am a HOT MESS. If you knew me during my first pregnancy, you know that I had a bad case of "morning" sickness that lasted all day long until about week 14. So far, I am following the same pattern. Smells are the worst and send me running to a garbage can, sink, toilet - whatever I can get to first. The other morning I only made it to the sink. Wy was watching me and said "Move over Mama, I need to spit too." I am sleeping fine b/c I take a Phenergan and hit the bed early. So that is a positive. I am trying to focus on all positives b/c I am terrified if I think about how many more weeks of this I have to go. It does help to have Wyatt because he is a good distraction and I don't really have the option of dwelling on how I feel. Just got to get up and go with it.


3. What does Jeremy think? Didn't he just want one?

Jeremy and I had agreed that we would give it a try but that we would both be OK if we just had Wyatt. We weren't gonna stress about it and go to the ends of the earth to conceive. We decided to just keep it to ourselves in case it never happened. It took a better part of a year to conceive Wyatt so we figured it would take about a year this time, especially since I am "older." I had actually discussed it with Dr. Callison in March and she said she guessed it would take somewhere between 6 months to a year. So we were shocked when it happened the FIRST month. Ah, hello? We are kinda in the middle of building a house and living the Simple Life right now. Not exactly the timing I was going for but I definitely am not going to question it. I am just so surprised. Surprised but thrilled. Must be this love shack we are living in - bahahahahahahahahaha.


4. What does Wyatt think?

Well, he is 3 so most days I don't think he even remembers that I am going to have a baby. Every once in a while, something happens that jogs his memory and he will say something about it. Of course he comes up with some interesting questions like the morning we told him he was going to be a big brother.

Wy: Mama, what color is the baby going to be?

J: BLACK!

Me: Jeremy! Stop! Honey, the baby is going to be the same color as you.

I don't really know where he was going with that other than he might have thought we were going to have a YouYou?

Later I was trying to explain to him that it was going to take some time before the baby got here. He looked at Jeremy and in a very serious tone like he has all the experience in the world, he says "Dada, this is gonna take some time. It is gonna take some time before the baby gets here." Jeremy just looked at him and said "I know son. This isn't my first rodeo."


5. Any cravings so far?

Lots of fresh fruit especially strawberries and pineapple; nacho cheese doritos which I have NEVER liked before now; KFC mashed potatoes with gravy. Not into any kind of meat whatsoever.


So I will know more after my appointment on Tuesday. Thanks so much for all the comments and excitement over our news. I can't wait to feel better so I can get back to my normal routine.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I craved fruit like you wouldn't believe! Hopefully you won't stay sick for very long. I've always heard that each pregnancy is so different... so maybe this one will be! Nothing worse than feeling nauseous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you are so sick. I remember those days like it was yesterday and I was sick all day long too. Maybe it won't last as long this time???? Can't wait to hear how your first appointment goes! Congrats again!