Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ultrasound and a Night Out with Thomas and Friends

Everything went great at the doctor's office on Tuesday. It was weird to be back there again almost 4 years to the day that I went for Wyatt's first ultrasound. This one went much better. I remember that the printer was broken that day and I didn't get the little print out of the grainy little bean baby and I was so disappointed.

This time the ultrasound was done in the same room where I went for my 20 week and 4-D with Wyatt. Halfway through it, she flipped it over to 4-D and it was amazing to see the baby in that early stage of development in such detail. I could see the little arm and leg "buds" and the head. Also got a good view of the placenta and everything looked great. The heart rate was 174 and we got to hear it for a few seconds. It was a huge relief to know that the baby is fine and everything checked out.

The baby is officially due February 15th. The ultrasound tech gave me 2 regular grainy pics and also 2 4-D pics that I will post as soon as I have the chance to scan them in at J's office.

We headed back to town that night with Wyatt as we had tickets for the Thomas and Friends show. I bought the tickets way before I knew I would be expecting a baby and I was determined to suck it up and go. He was excited about going but thought he was going to get to go for a ride on them. It was a good show - not too long and they knew to bring out the trains often enough to keep the kids excited. Kinda heavy on the song and dance but then a train would come out and all the kids would go wild. Here are a few pics from the show.


Wy waiting in line with his ticket



Woo-hoo - Mama came thru with the light up toy



Wy waiting for show to start with customary over priced light up toy



A glimpse of the show



They sat like this almost the whole show :)

1 comment:

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well at the Dr. I tried to call you yesterday but I just got your voice mail. YouYou spent her birthday money this week on a computer "just like mommy's" (well not really but in her mind it's like mine because it has keys and a mouse and makes noise :) She love's it...so thank you Mimi!