So Jeremy suggested we all go away for the night - somewhere close: Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga. I think I will be visiting all 3 but this week, we went with Chattanooga as there are all sorts of fun kid things to do there. More credit for J - he bought a Tom Tom so we actually didn't argue one time about directions which is a standard part of any road trip we take. The nice little lady told him where to go and I just sat back and was amazed that she was so smart!
We left Tuesday late afternoon and headed to the hotel we chose - the Chattanooga Choo Choo. They have old train cars on site and they even have train cars that you can stay in. We decided that Wyatt would be thrilled to get to stay in a train car so we chose a room with a queen bed that also had a day bed in it for him.
Do you think he looks excited?
We ate dinner on site at the Station House that featured Singing Servers.
It was fun to listen to the band and the see the waitresses go from serving drinks to singing "Let's Hear it for the Boy" which was my personal favorite of the night. Wy is already embarrassed of me as he kept telling me "Shhh" as I sang along.
Wy and I didn't eat much as he was too excited and I was feeling crummy, so we went for after dinner ice cream.
Here he is showing me that he got some on his shirt.
After playing all the games in the arcade and then some, we convinced him to go to sleep.
The next morning we headed over to an Amusement Park called Lake Winnepasauka - argument free again thanks to Tom Tom. Mom of the Year here 1) can't find her Mommy Camera aka Nikon that I have had for years so 2) grabbed her small digital camera without realizing that the battery wasn't charged. I did manage to get a few shots when we first got there, but didn't get as many as I wanted.
Lake Winnie was lots of fun. It was not crowded at all. Jeremy and Wyatt got unlimited ride passes and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Sometimes they just stayed on and rode again. The good little Mommy to be didn't ride anything that would endanger the unborn but did do the Sky Lift with Wyatt. I was terrified the entire time that he would wiggle loose and slide out so I kept a death grip on him the whole time. While we were up there, we saw the boat chute ride which I assumed he wasn't tall enough to ride. You know the one - large boat that goes straight down at the end and water splashes everywhere. But I saw kids smaller than him on there so when we returned to the Sky Lift drop off, we headed over there. Wyatt is a definite dare devil. He is not scared to ride anything. He LOVED it. I drank bottles of water sitting in the shade while they rode, got in line, rode again, etc.
It was all kinds of HOT - don't know why we picked the middle of July to visit an amusement park in GA - so I looked for anything that included shade or indoors. They had a haunted castle ride that you rode through in the dark which meant it was cool for 2 minutes. I went on that with Wy and was seriously scared. It turned out to be a big NOTHING but the suspense of not knowing made it scarier. Wy had his "gun" ready to shoot any ghost he saw. I screamed like 3 times - pathetic. I think the Boat Chute took top prize followed by the Haunted Castle.
Here are a few pictures from the day before my camera flashed 'Battery Exhausted' and shut off.
The first thing we had to ride was the trolley:
Motorcycles that had an annoying buzzer that the kids would push the entire ride
Another kiddie ride
Can't wait to do another get away trip with the boys soon - like, next Tuesday would be great.
2 comments:
What fun!!! And you stayed in a TRAIN CAR!!! I really wanted to when we went to Chattanooga....we will have to next time. So glad Wyatt had his gun on the haunted ride. (Your writing is great...makes me giggle every time.)
LOVE IT!!! That is so awesome... girl, I know you needed that!
Post a Comment