Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wyatt Reed Should Have Been Owen Christopher...

Then his initials would have been O.C.D.

I have mentioned Wyatt's OCD tendencies in the past. I am not a fancy schmancy blogger so I don't know how to link you to the original post from 2009 but here is the picture.



At 3, he took it upon himself to organize the juice box drawer.

So yesterday I was up in Wy's room going through all the bins of Wyatt's hand me downs for Chase.



Wyatt came up to see what I was doing and decided to busy himself in his closet.

At some point Wy started begging me to look at his closet. He was so proud of himself because he had "organized it."

He had put all the long sleeved shirts in the back, then put the sweaters together, then he put church clothes/polos together, and then the short sleeved t-shirts together.



He explained each section to me and then looked at me and said "And I want to keep it this way." AKA - don't be slinging my clothes in here and messin up my system.

I hear you loud and clear Buddy.

Of course, part of me is thrilled he likes order.

Like me.

Here is J's side of the closet.



I organize his t-shirts by color:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Brown, Gray, Black, White.

Because I love him like that.

Wyatt also has issues with his stuffed animals that he sleeps with - all 6 of them.

Each night he sleeps smack dab in the middle of them.

And they must all be present and always be in this order. I realized early on it was just easier for me to learn the names and the order than to try to ignore it and listen to his protests.

So here they are, from left to right:

Mr. Raccoon, Silly Billy, Monkey, Jack, Donald Duck, and David Aaron.



Mr. Raccoon was made by Wyatt's GREAT-GREAT Grandmother for Jeremy when he was little.

Silly Billy is also from Jeremy's childhood.

Monkey came from our attempt at Build-A-Bear when Wyatt didn't give a flip about any of it. He didn't even think enough of him to give him a proper name - he is just Monkey.

Jack has been his lovey from the beginning. I have pictures on the wall of Wy with Jack when he was just 6 months old. Jack is ole numero uno among the stuffed.

Donald Duck was his souvenir from Disney.

And David Aaron is named after his cousin and was a bear he got as a baby.

I am not sure of the criteria a stuffed one has to meet in order to make it to his bed but I'd say auditions are closed. I've got a new closet system to memorize.

3 comments:

LuLu's Lane said...

I loved reading this blog about Wy and his bed mates. Them all being in order is just precious! lol He is so smart for his age.

Leslie said...

I'm afraid my child is going to be just as OCD! Both Mark and I are... bad OCD, so Clay doesn't have a chance! At least Wy's OCD has to do with being neat! :o)

AKA Jane Random said...

I could go for a little more OCD around here so I am totally inspired by his tendencies!