The Wildcats played their first game on Saturday and left the field victorious. This is a great age because you find yourself cheering for the other team too. Most of these kids are 4 years old so you can't help but cheer them all on. I do think we won by several goals but I can't tell you the exact score.
They play four 8 minute quarters, 3 on 3 with no goalie. There are 6 kids on a team so each kid gets to play for 2 quarters a game. Wy started the game on the bench - just happy to be there as usual.
Then the 2nd quarter began and he was on the move. He did great going after the ball and did several "throw ins" from the sideline. Pretty early in the 2nd quarter he took the ball down and scored a goal. I was SO PROUD!
I think he was too, don't you?
Clara YouMei worked on her tan during her bench time.
Poor Chase. It was too hot for him to be out there. Even in the shade of his stroller, you could tell he was miserable. Sweet Papa strolled him around and around to keep him happy. Eventually they ended up in his car with the air conditioning on to cool off. I poured water into my hand and rubbed his head to cool him down hence the crazy hair!
Here is Wyatt hanging out with his cheering section during halftime.
Nothing makes you happier as a parent than to see your child doing something he enjoys and seeing their obvious excitement to participate. His expressions tell me everything I need to know.
Let me know if you want to come to a game and I will pass along his schedule! Once it cools off, it is a nice way to spend an hour watching these little ones learn the game of soccer.
4 comments:
LOVED THIS, LOVED THE PICTURES....just find it hard to believe that you actually cheered for the other team....sounds loving and appropo, but I've observed your competitive edge! HA
So glad he's enjoying playing, soccer is a great game for all concerned. Love, JANNY
Awww! He looks like he was having a great time!!! Those pictures were great! Poor Baby Chase... he looks so hot!
OMG.. these pics are great! You got some GREAT action shots! He looks like he is having a blast!!
I loved all these action pics of Wy- he looks like he is having so much fun out there on the field! His smile is priceless. The pic of YoYo is hilarious.
Post a Comment