On Monday we went with my IL's to a little place at Tim's Ford Marina called The Bluegill Grill. The food was delish - we ordered shrimp baskets, the seafood platter, some kind of heavenly sandwich that I have no idea what it was called, hush puppies, onion rings - you know, all that good FRIED stuff. I am pretty sure I could feel my arteries clogging up on the way home.
Anyway, it was so nice to just sit outside on the water and relax. Chase was happy being outside and we all took turns passing him around. I brought a half loaf of bread for Wy and Morgan to feed the fish and ducks. Of course this would have lasted longer had I noticed earlier that Wy was throwing whole pieces of bread in because he "wanted the big fish to come." I think Wyatt would have thrown his entire meal into that lake if we would have let him.
The sweet little waitress, who obviously has never had an infant, came by to get our drink orders and saw Chase with his bottle. She told me "Just let me know if he needs more milk and I can bring him some." I looked at my MIL and said "This place is great - you didn't tell me they had Enfamil Gentlease on the menu!"
Not that cow's milk is the worse thing she could have offered. At our store I have seen "mothers" - and I use that term loosely - pop open an Orange Crush soda and pour it directly into their baby's bottle. I. KID. YOU. NOT. Of course these are the same moms that use their welfare checks on cartons of cigarettes and wear t-shirts with classy statements like "Nuttier than a Squirrel Turd." AGAIN - I. KID. YOU. NOT. Have I mentioned that I live in the White Trash capital of the South?
P.S. I had to look up how to spell the "t-word" as I believe that is the first time I have ever used that word in a sentence.
1 comment:
OMG! The "nuttier than a squirrel turd" had me cracking up!!! I love a little restaurant on the water! Sounds like you had a great Labor Day weekend!
Post a Comment