Tennessee has a great reading initiative sponsored through Dolly Parton. She has a foundation called "Dolly Parton's Imagination Library" and it provides a free book every month to all children until the age of 5! I signed Wyatt up once we moved to TN so he has been receiving books monthly in the mail since he was about 2 1/2. I signed Chase up shortly after he was born and his first book arrived in the mail this past week.
And the books they send are good books - well known classics and some new favorites as well like "Ladybug Girl". We only got one wishy washy Native American book that Jeremy threw on the floor half way through and told Wy "it was a bunch of hippie junk" because it mentioned spirit dreams. Ha!
But still, it is a pretty amazing program if you ask me. Since Chase received his first book when he was 3 months and he will receive one book a month until he is 60 months, he will accumulate 57 books at no cost to us! I figure it is the closest thing I will ever get to "free assistance" so I totally took advantage of the offer. Thanks Dolly!
Speaking of reading, it is a very big deal in this household. Wy loves to be read to and will give up staying up later in order to get more books read. I usually read to him in his bed but recently have been getting him to bring his books downstairs so we can include Chase.
I am sure it had to do with the bright colors in the pictures, but Chase was so enthralled with the books we were reading the other night. I hope he turns out to love books as much as Wy does.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. My boys "got me" sweet cards and I finally got the Flip video camera I have been wanting.
It connects directly to my computer through a built in USB so there are no extra cords and it downloads it as a MP4 so I don't have to convert it like I did the other ones. I think I am going to love it and will put it to good use.
That is about all I have to share for now. We are supposed to go on a field trip to a park on Thursday with Wy's class so that is the highlight of my week. Here is a 14 week old picture of baby Chase. His little upper lip disappears when he smiles just like mine does!
2 comments:
Lucky you getting that video camera! I've been wanting one! That last little picture of Chase is adorable!
Cool Camera and book program too. I have not heard of that before. Sweet pic of Wy reading to Clay and I just love that smile in that last pic of Chase!
Post a Comment