Sunday, May 2, 2010

Easter and Mud Pies - A Perfect Combination

I was scrolling through my pictures earlier today, looking for some material for my blog, when I realized I never shared pictures from Easter this year.


Unfortunately, Jeremy had to work on Easter so it was just me and my boys. I took them to my parent's church and then we went to their house for Sunday afternoon lunch. My brothers were there and one SIL, Erica, along with 7 of Wy and Chase's cousins.


I tried to get a pic of Wy holding Chase but it just went from not so great to worse so this is the best I could get.




Erica took a picture of me and my boys.




We then corralled the cousins who were there and willing to have their picture taken out on the front porch.




Aren't they getting so big?


And of course we had to let their little personalities shine through.




Then we had them all change into play clothes so they could enjoy the beautiful weather outside.


The kids are old enough now that we let them "play amongst themselves" outside and we don't feel like we have to have an adult watching them at all times. We know Emma one of the cousins will come in and tell if there are problems and they all know to stay in the yard.


So the adults were enjoying ourselves inside by chatting over coffee and dessert when I caught a glimpse of the kids outside with a bucket full of dirt.


Make that a sloshy, wet bucket full of MUD.




Oh yes, they were making mud pies. And we realized at that moment that no one had changed Chloe out of her dress. So I ran out to try to save it and took it off her to find she wasn't wearing any panties! We all had a big laugh at that one. So I went inside to find her some panties and in the meantime, my boy decided he wanted to take his clothes off too.




He and Chloe had the BEST time playing in that mud. Yes, it is messy but bodies can be washed and so can clothes. Especially a cheap outfit from the Dollar General...an outfit I had to run buy when I realized I had neglected to pack play clothes and I wasn't about to tell him he couldn't go outside and play with his cousins on that gorgeous day. I am not sure if you have ever noticed, but the Dollar Generals are taking over the world. They are EVERYWHERE.




Anyway - back to the mud pies. Yes, these children got NASTY muddy and messy and they had a ball doing it. When they were finished, I put them all in the bath and put Wy back in his church pants and undershirt for the ride home. Don't tell Wy but I had to put him in a pair of Chloe's underwear - they were plain white - because it was either that or go commando and I thought the plain white undies were a better choice.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

They looked like they were having a blast!!!! Wy will have to teach Clay how to make mud pies! I know he would love it!

Sarah said...

Too cute! Looks like they had a BLAST!!!