This is the quilt she made most recently for Chase...
and the diaper bag that she made to go along with it.
And bless her heart - she is determined to teach me how to sew.
I asked her to make my friend Adrian a quilt for her baby shower but she decided to show me how to do it instead.
So we went to Sir's in Fayetteville and found the fabric. Then I took the material home and cut all 60 8x8 squares.
Plus the 30 squares of the cotton "filling"? See, I don't even know what you would call that. The word "batting" comes to mind but I am not sure that is right either.
I took the material to her house and she walked me through all the sewing. She has a really nice sewing machine or there is no way I would have tried this. My biggest obstacle was getting over all my mistakes - I am too much of a perfectionist so I couldn't really enjoy the process because my crooked lines were driving me crazy!
So here is the finished product. There is a smooth side...
and a shag side...
Don't look for me at the next quilting bee but I would like to try to make one again. You know what "they say" - practice makes perfect!
5 comments:
Great job!!! I love Chase's quilt and diaper bag too! I wish I was crafty like that!
Excellent job girl! I love it. I wish I could learn to make them. They are great one of a kind baby gifts. You just might have to teach me sometime.
Wow...I'm am so impressed! You have a new baby and you just made your first quilt??!!! It's beautiful too, you did a great job!
I LOVE Sir's and I love sewing! It is called batting and you did a great job. I've been teaching my girls and one of the things I've found really helpful is to buy stiped fabric and follow the edges of the stripes or there are also printable paper patterns online so you can practice lines, corners, curves, etc. You just sew right on the paper. Be careful, you might just get hooked!
Awesome!! I am super impressed!!
Post a Comment