I pass this store everyday when I take Wy to MMO. And everyday I wonder if anyone even realizes that there is a misspelling on it. The picture quality isn't too great as I took it while I was literally driving by but you get the point.
Apparently they don't teach the "I before E except after C or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh" rule in the country.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In the mornings, one of the first things I do is let Ms. Phoebe outside through the garage to do her business. The other morning when I opened the door for her, she took off after something and starting barking.
I figured that she had probably seen a squirrel or bird but decided to check it out just in case it was another dog.
I hurried out, turned the corner and found myself
nose
to
snout
with a cow!
(This exact one although I took this pic later on from the safety of my front porch.)
What the crap? (I know, Mommy said a bad word.)
Now I did not go to Flintville Elementary school so I am not up to snuff on the terms for farm animals. I want to call it a bull because it was a boy cow i.e. didn't have udders but it didn't have horns either so I am not sure if that is the appropriate title.
But he definitely was not friendly like the happy cows that make milk.
He made this awful sounding snorting noise and starting coming towards me in a way that had me turning tail and sprinting back into the safety of my home. I totally left Ms. Phoebe to fend for herself - totally a survival of the fittest moment.
I went to the front porch to get another look and saw that he was not alone.
He had an entire gang of meanies with him.
It was the craziest thing. I mean, who was I supposed to call? Animal Services? The Sheriff's Department? (commonly referred to as "the law" in our area) Farmer Brown? Old MacDonald? Should I get my gun and fire a few rounds into the sky? Or do you just reserve that move for bar fights?
I called Jeremy and he said he would find out whose cows they were and take care of it. I guess there is some redneck cow registry I don't know about.
In the meantime, they visited with the horses next door...
and then wasted the day away in
3 comments:
Cracks me up!!!
Okay, so I've been meaning to ask you...whose cows were they and how long did they stay in your yard?
This post is just hilarious.
This is just hysterical. You are a funny little writer, Emily. ;o)
Post a Comment