Monday, November 23, 2009

Babysitter Love & Potty Talk

Only one more week until I get Internet at my house!!! Once that happens, I will be better at updating my blog and will post house pics. Until then, a couple little updates.

I did end up having to take the 3 hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. Thankfully, I passed that test so no finger pricks or shots in my immediate future. And for that, I am TRULY thankful.

We are getting settled into our house. I love, love, love it. I was at Hobby Lobby today and my head was spinning with all the house decorating potential I have this year. Don't exactly have the budget for it but they were having a 50% off sale on all Christmas decor so I am planning to go back this week for a few must haves!

How is Wyatt? He is doing great. He loves his "green room" which is his bedroom. He has slept upstairs all on his own ever since the second night and hasn't had any issues being in his new room/house. A couple stories for you.

Last week J and I went out on an actual date night. We went to dinner and to a movie which I can't tell you the last time we have done that. Any free time we had in the past nine months was spent at home improvement type stores so it was so fun to get to go out and just relax. We had a friend and employee of ours named Ashley come over to babysit. She is 21, very responsible, LOVES to play with Wyatt and has babysat for us since he was an infant. Although, she did not babysit for us at all during the Simple Life saga as NO ONE entered that inner sanctum the entire time we lived there. :)

So Wy was thrilled to hear she was coming to babysit and starting asking for her about 3:00 even though she wasn't scheduled to arrive until 5:30. They had a fun night playing and he was in bed asleep when we got home. The next morning, I hear him announce from his bed "I'm awake!" So I trod up the stairs and enter his room and I wish I had a picture of the expression on his face. I can only describe it as he was happy until he saw me, then his little face fell, and it went like this:

Wy: "What are YOU doing here?"

Me: Um, I live here. I am your mother.

Wy: Where's Ashwee? (growing visbily more upset)

Me: Well honey, Ashley is at her house, where she lives.

Wy: But I wanted to pway with Ashwee.

and he crawls into my lap and cries. with tears streaming down his little face. Bless him.


Another quick story related to potty times. When we are out and about and Wy announces to me that he has to go to the potty, I always ask out of habit "what kind?" And usually it is because I am trying to assess how much time I have before I need to find a bathroom and the urgency of it i.e. we are driving down the highway and there isn't a bathroom anywhere and he has to pee pee, then I will pull over and let him use a bottle or cup or something that I can throw away. I mean when little guys have to go, they have to go. And then there are times that we are in a store, say HOME DEPOT, and he tells me he has to go poo poo. I detest taking him to public restrooms especially when his little hiney is going to have to go on a seat. I do the whole putting down of the toilet paper and he knows not to touch ANYTHING.

So the other day we are almost home and he says he has to go potty.

Me: What kind?

Wy: (in a whisper) poo poo

Me: OK (because I know we are almost home so no biggie)

Wy: NO - you are supposed to say "ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Oh, I laughed at that one. I do totally say that to him when we are out because it never seems to fail that he has to go poo poo at the most inopportune times. Again, bless him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are well on your way to getting settled!!! I know you're happy about that.
Loved the "WY" stories - how wonderful that he thinks sitters are a treat! And boy, there is no better example of his little personality than the "Are you serious?" story. Does he have you pegged!!! And he has come to expect that remark when he announces the need to eliminate solid waste - you disappointed him!!!
Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving; we're all headed south Thursday AM to my sister's actually. Finally get to see my 4-month-old great-nephew, Nicholas. Can I take my entire family without smoking? HA - we'll see, I think so. Love you all - JANNY

Leslie said...

Wy is too cute!!! I love all his cute stories! How sweet that he LOVES his babysitter! That definitely makes it easier to leave him with her!!

LuLu's Lane said...

Wy is just so precious and I love how you type just exactly how he sounds too. I can hear you say to him "Are you serious?" haha Kids do say the darndest things!