It was raining at the Simple Life so I waited until he got to "school" to take his annual first day of school pics.
This is what I got when I said "Smile!"
This is what I got when I said "Be normal."
And this precious expression I was lucky to capture as I was using my little digital camera and not my Super Duper Mommy Camera.
I have to share a quick school related story.
Wy was in MMO last year too. One day during naptime, his teacher had to ask him two or three times to stop kicking the wall. And it was mentioned to Jeremy when he picked Wyatt up that day. Apparently Jeremy decided to give him a "good talking to" the entire 30 minute drive home. Wy's little expression said it all - I thought something horrible had happened he looked so upset. I was actually relieved that he had just gotten in trouble at school.
So that was at least 6 months ago, a one time event that we have never mentioned again.
Fast forward to yesterday. Wy and I are watching Pinocchio together - his first time to see it.
So at one point I say:
"Look Wyatt, Pinocchio is going to school just like you!"
And he says in a total serious voice:
"I sure hope he doesn't kick the wall."
Oh my goodness! I totally cracked up! I knew exactly what he was talking about but I couldn't believe that he remembered it! Bless his heart - he is a sensitive soul.
5 comments:
Crazy what they remember! I love the last picture. Such a sweet face. And "normal" is great too.
Ha! The normal picture is my favorite! I hope he enjoyed his first day!!
He's a funny little boy. It's kind of neat to see what's going on in his little mind :)
Wow what a fantastic memory- funny how they remember stuff like that. He is so stinkin cute in these pics!
bless his heart getting in trouble for kicking the wall! i used to get in trouble all of the time but mine was a more "girly" offense. TALKING! he is so big and very handsome and sounds like his personality is fun too!!!
Post a Comment