I invited my parents and the other 3 boy cousins to come along: Carter, age 6, Jack, age almost 5, and David Aaron, age almost 5. Since J and the other dads could not go due to life stuff, we celebrated my Dad, their Papa.
I have to say I really did enjoy it. I think mainly because I loved watching my boy get so excited about something. He hearts trains. And not just the Thomas and Friends stuff. He will watch anything that has to do with trains. Even the History Channel clips about steam engines, locomotives, diesel engines, etc. that I find on YouTube when Mama needs a minute to herself.
But anyway, back to the train ride. Apparently everyone else in the Huntsville area is on to the monthly train rides because it was a sold out trip. People ranged in age from infant to their 90's. The "conductor" came around and punched everyone's ticket. The boys were all about having their own ticket and handing them to the conductor. Wyatt actually held on to his just about the whole time.
The ride was about an hour and 20 minutes. You could stay in your seats or move from car to car. They had a souvenir area where my mom bought them each a little something. They also had several areas about 4 ft in length where they had cut out the wall and put up a little fence like barrier.
Wy wanted to stand there almost the whole time. If not there, we went to the front of the train, right behind the engine where he could stick his head out the side and watch the engineer.
I think we will definitely go back for another ride. The cars are air conditioned but there aren't any bathrooms so if you have little ones or little bladders, be sure to go before you climb aboard! I made sure Jack went before hand (he is our little bladder boy) and he made this funny comment on the way out of the restroom. As he passed me he said very matter-of-fact like "one squirt ought to do it." And I am happy to report that it did. :)
Notice Wy is still holding on to that ticket!
4 comments:
I bet that was fun! I'll have to remember all these things you are taking Wyatt to so I have some fun stuff for Clay when he gets older.
Okay I have NEVER heard my son say that before. Where did he get that??? "One squirt out"...oh my goodness. I'm glad you remembered to take him before the ride though! Thanks again for taking the boys with you. You are such a fun aunt :)
It looks like all the boys had a blast! You are a fun Aunt and great Mom.
My Allison would love that! What a fun day with your parents, Wy and little cousins. Cute picture of the boys!
Post a Comment