Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can I get a Woo Woo?

We are making decisions right and left about the house - not the old one, not the one Poppy sold, not the Simple Life "dwelling" - but the one we are slowly, but surely, building. And yes, it does feel like we are physically building it.

I like to visit "the land" daily as it makes living the Simple Life bearable. Which, by the way, I am now entering week 9 - can I get a woo woo? It seems like just yesterday I was wallowing in self pity about storms, mice, and thin burgundy shag carpet on concrete floors.

The masons/brick layers started this weekend - actually two days early. Can I get another woo woo?

I am relieved that I still love the brick now that it is slapped on the side of our house. You never know what it will actually look like just by looking at one of those little sample boards.

So without further ado - here is our home to be:


Front view



My new favorite friends working hard



View of back left side of house and covered porch that will be completed after my new favorite friends finish the brick work



View of back of house - the triple windows on the far left are our bedroom windows



Garage and our bathroom window



The foyer - door to be stained at some point



Um, Wy - do you need to...



Yep. And that is dirt on his little bottom - he slid down the hill of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awh, I love it... and Love the front door! Girl... I know you are going to be beyond thrilled when you get to move on in. Congrats on making it to week 9 of the "simple life". I don't think Paris and Nicole made it that long! hehehehehehe

Leslie said...

Look at how much progress they've made!!! It looks so good! Maybe with this nice weather we've had, they won't run into anymore delays!

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Looking good! I love your choice of brick and your front door.

LuLu's Lane said...

Lookin Good Momma! They have made lots of progress. This weeks weather must be helping! :) I can't wait to see it all done!