Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You Ain't Seen Crazy...

...until you see this!

(Notice how I used the word "ain't" in my title in an attempt to embrace my current culture.)

OK - This. Makes. Me. Laugh. Out. Loud...

...which is cheaper than therapy.

I want you to realize that this is serious. These people are serious. They may be nutso, but they are tee-totally serious. And they are truly devastated.

Why, you might ask. Did they lose their home? Their job? A family member?

NO - nothing that trivial, people.

They are in a circle, in the woods, DEVASTATED because...

a
tree
was
cut
down.

Yep - a tree. Some mean ole meanie cut down the OAK GROVE. And because of this, there are actual tears being shed. The word bawling would be an appropriate fit. MEN (and I use that term loosely) are so broken hearted that they are curled up in the fetal position while being comforted by fellow, perhaps more seasoned, tree hugging hippies.

AND I don't care who you are - IT'S FUNNY.





Thank goodness Rainbow Rose had her wits about her (even though she was about 2 breaths away from hyperventilating) to let the TREES know that they are loved and that they should not worry because there are people who care and don't want them to DIE. Whew, what a relief for those trees.

And what about that last little baby, wannabe tree hugger? Her brave little monologue sends me into a fit of giggles every time.

Watch it again - I know you are still in disbelief that people could be so completely out of touch with reality. SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE - GET A GRIP. Or don't - and post more videos to humor me.

And if some of you wicked, industrialized people could please clear your calendars of all that superficial stuff like jobs and family, according to EarthFirst's website, they are still in desperate need of people to protect the spotted owl habitat in the McKay Tract of Humboldt County.

PEACE :)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Emily, I think this is where I say...Ooooooooooookkkkaaaaaaaaaay....and follow it with OH PAAAAHLEASE PEOPLE!!! Ok, I'm better now. *Shaking my head....

Aaron and Erica said...

Emily,

I think you know what I think about this. A tree? Really? I think I'll cry for the little children in China who are tied to their cribs so that they won't climb out and who don't have a mommy or daddy to hug them when they are scared.

Let's get together Friday...but let's don't let these people see our boys beating the trees on the mountain with sticks :)

Lv you,

Erica

Leslie said...

Oh my! That was hysterical! Good thing they haven't seen our neighborhood! Lots of trees have lost their lives here!

Melissa said...

Oh. my. word. Holy whack job Batman! What ever would happen if we squashed a bug in the presence of Earth First?! I shudder to think.

LuLu's Lane said...

Seriously all that screaming and crying over a tree?!?- THERAPY poeple...Surely this is a joke...right? Because we have much bigger problems in this world- they need to come out of "their cathedral" and take a good look around! BAHAHA they are NUTS!