Friday, April 24, 2009

Ruh-Row Raggy

It's been a week since my last post...which means I have survived yet another week living the Simple Life.

The good news...it is getting better. Well, nothing has really changed so I guess I should say I am just coping better.

I have had time to get things organized and I have found, if organized, I can handle just about anything.

It seems like the furry friend I found DEAD in the washing machine may have been the only one hanging out here. There has not been any new evidence, no bodies in the traps, and Phoebe, a rodent hunter by nature, has not given me any indication that we have any unwelcome guests. That alone makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER.

Now, if we could just have a Sunday night without storms, all will be well. I can't believe we "chose" the height of the storm season to move into a trailer. I can see why the poor things don't stand a chance. I have literally felt the entire thing move from the winds alone that we have had the past few Sundays.

Oh, and now for something totally random, I had no idea that Shaggy and the Gang were big in Winchester, TN. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised, since I can't make a trip through Wal-Mart without seeing at least 3 people wearing Tweety Bird t-shirts. Ewww - I think cartoons belong on TV - not on clothing...and definitely not on vehicles.

Anyway, I had to use some mad driving skills to allow said "vehicle" to pass me and take pics while remaining incognito.



Now you see why I suffer.

Go ahead, click on it to get the full effect.

And why was I the only one staring in disbelief at this atrocity? You'll have to trust me on this next part because I couldn't get a picture of the front dash without giving the occupants a heads up - and I didn't want to have any interaction whatsoever with Thelma and Shaggy. The entire front dash was covered in orange, shaggy carpet and there were 3 - count them, 3 - stuffed Scooby Doo dogs along for the ride. Ewww, ewww, ewww.

And I guarantee you - we, the tax payers of this great nation, covered the cost of this 'Pimp My Ride' creation. This has "sponsored by 3 months of unemployment checks" written all over it.

In fact, that overtime you put in last week, allowed Thelma to spring for the GREEN & ORANGE RIMS!!! You missed that on the first glance, huh? Couldn't get past "The Mystery Machine" emblazoned on the side? Scroll back and take a good look. Only in America...

So, let's purge that awful image from your mind and replace it with these cutie pie pics of my little guy - who, in case you can't tell, I think is darn cute.

He's fair-skinned like me so I insist on a hat and sunscreen when playing outside.




Happy living the Simple Life...

6 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm so glad you posted "A Simple Life - Week 2" because Melisa (my big sis) was just asking me if you were planning on posting each week. We both thought it was a great idea!

We'll miss you this weekend but maybe we can get together next Friday.

Lv,

Erica

Emily said...

The even better news is that this was Week 3! Woo Hoo! 3 down, not sure how many to go...

Beth Beasley said...

Totally cracking me up! You are soooo funny! Love it - I would have died if I saw the shaggy mobile rolling down the highway and you manage to get a picture. Classic!
PS - Good luck on week 4. Glad it is getting better.

LuLu's Lane said...

OH MY! this Van is just too~ haha. Glad you made it another week.

Melissa said...

I hope your time in the trailer is passing quickly! I love the Mystery Machine...you tell a good story, Emily...had me giggling!
(I also think Wy is darn cute!)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you in regards to the cartoon characters! That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Unfortunately I feel the same way about Disney and had to inform everyone in our family that Kinley won't be wearing Pooh or Minnie Mouse. I would have DIED and totally made a scene if I saw that van! Congrats on week 3 being behind you!