Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slumber Party in Birmingham

I spent the night with Erica and YouYou on Tuesday night at the hospital in Birmingham. We really feel like she is going to be released today. That would be so good for YouYou and Erica. I just really think YouYou is DONE being here and would do so much better getting the TLC at home instead of this hospital. Erica is doing everything anyway as far as giving her the medicines. And since she is now taking in more liquids, I think she is ready to go home and continue to heal there.

Our never ending slumber party finally came to an end around 2 a.m. Little YouYou for whatever reason didn't want to go to sleep even though we could tell she was exhausted. And I was pretty tired and Erica was exhausted physically and mentally. I don't know how she was still standing at that point. So we had to do the tough love, turn off the lights and tell her it was night night time which sent her into hysterics. She cried for about 30 minutes straight. We just had to let her cry it out until she finally gave in. She is actually still asleep right now which is good.

Erica talked to the Dr. in the hallway around 7:30 and they did a chest x-ray in the room which YouYou slept through. So we are waiting to hear if we are getting the green light to go home. YouYou's car seat is here so we will just load up in my car and get outta Dodge. Thanks for the continued prayers. It is hard to see YouYou in this shape. Her little face is swollen, she has a boo boo on her cheek from the tape, an IV line in her neck, and her little mouth is pitiful. All that looks worse than the zipper on her chest from her surgery just b/c that is hidden under her gown. She is a tough little girl though and each day that goes by allows her to heal that much more. I Will keep everyone posted - keep those prayers coming that we get to go home today.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a strong little girl! What a blessing it would be for You You and Erica to be able to rest in their own home. I will be praying for that today. :)
Love and hugs to you all...
Melissa

LuLu's Lane said...

What a night you must have had! I am praying that all 3 of you get to come home and rest. Call me again if you need me to keep you awake on the drive home. XoXo :)