Could it be how many days until my vacation?
Nope, that is only 12 days away. And that can't get here soon enough because 30 days is...........
...how many days Jeremy and I have to find a place to live and to move.
I. am. not. kidding.
My FIL is selling the house that we have been living in. Well, you know, it IS his house. He bought it with the intention of flipping it. My FIL allowed us to live in this house for 1 year. I appreciate that. I grew up being told that "beggars can't be choosers." Now, am I thrilled that he sold his house? Not at all. Did I have several high stress conversations with various friends this week when I found out this was a possibility? Absolutely. The hardest part was the timing of it all. This was a very stressful week on its own without finding out that we had to move. But after I got over the "I can't believe this is happening to us" mantra, I moved onto the "what are we gonna do about it" mode. Jeremy and I are working on our options. To say the least, it will be an adventure.
BUT, you know what, we are going to be OK. We will figure something out. We expect our new house to be completed in July. And we have until mid April to leave here so we will only need to split up our time with all of you for about 3 months. :)
So, much more to come on that in the coming days. In the meantime, progress is being made on our house and I have pictures to share.
Today there was a crew there laying block. They are scheduled to finish up tomorrow. I think once that is complete, the framing can begin.
My brother Matt came out and backfilled around the house for us.
And Wyatt got to go for a ride in his bobcat.
View from the back...
Wyatt running in the basement which he refers to as "the gym."
The reason I will make the best of the next few months...
5 comments:
Oh Good Lord... We have a guest room you can come live in! Either that or I have heard the Rescue Mission is getting better. Only problem there is that they seperate men from women so you and Jeremy wouldn't be together. (I'm sorry, that is ugly and I should joke about the Rescue Mission should I?????)
I meant to say I SHOULDN'T joke about the Rescue Mission... Goodness!
I'm glad ya'll at least got until mid-April! Hopefully you'll be able to find something by then... maybe you'll hit the jackpot in Vegas and can buy some big house on the beach. Looks like they are making good progress on your house! It seems to go by really fast once they start the framing!
I am glad you got a little more time. Geeze girl! It will all work out, it always does. I need some camera lessons~ love the pic of Wy sitting on the blocks.
Thirty days?!?! *gasp*!!!
Oh my...with my Super Anxiety Self I would be in utter meltdown mode. Love the pictures of Wy and the house! His gym is awesome. ;o)
Post a Comment