Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chase is 20 months...and 15 days

I have avoided this blog for the past couple of months - always finding something else to do instead of blogging.

But my mom requested that I start it back up, so this post is for her.

I am a little late on Chase's 20 month post, hence the disclaimer in the title and his little sign.

Dear Chase,

You are still our sweet little baby but you are looking more and more like a little boy each day.





You weigh 26 pounds and are 33 inches in length.

You are wearing size 24 months and 2T in clothes and a size 4 diaper.

You have 16 pearly white teeth. Your daddy is concerned about you having an over bite because you suck your fingers at night. But, there isn't anything we can do about it now. I am sure braces are in your future but you have a beautiful smile that lights up the room.

Overall, I would say that you are a good eater. You definitely have favorites - mashed potatoes probably being number 1.





You also love junk food like chips, ice cream, and doughnuts. When we go to Wyatt's soccer games, we bring a bag of snacks to keep you occupied so we can watch the game instead of chasing you around.

Here is some evidence of your sweet tooth. This day you were a sticky mess from eating (and drooling) on a sucker.





You have a great personality! You are very happy most of the time and you give out smiles to just about anyone. You crack us up with your expressions and looks. You love showing people your belly. You had an audience at a soccer game and you just ate it up.





Dit Dit is still your very best friend. He goes everywhere with us. All your little caretakers know about Dit Dit and are good about helping us keep up with him. I am thinking about writing a letter to Gund and sending them pictures of their much loved bear.





Now to the talking, or should I say the lack of talking.

I think most of it can be attributed to you being the "third" child in our family now. We have busy lives and I know I don't spend enough time going over words with you but I am working on that. You do LOVE books and love to look at them. I know the words will come in time, the more we practice.





You do repeat what you hear. Just this morning you were putting Dit Dit in your crib and saying "night night" which sounded more like "nigh nigh". You also tell us "all done" when you get your diaper changed and when you are finished eating.

I mentioned the time out chair in your 18 month old post but we really have not been having to use it. I am not sure what that is about. I think we are just too busy for you to get bored and get into trouble.





You are still enjoying the little matchbox cars from the Cars movies. Your new favorite toy is the soccer ball. I can tell you have been watching Wyatt out on the field because you kick the ball all around the house. You are actually really good for your age. You even throw it like they do from the sidelines. You are an observant little guy for sure.





You did a short stint in daycare because Mommy thought she needed to get a job. But you ended up being sick so much that it wasn't worth it after all. You had 2 or 3 stomach bugs and one of those had your tummy all messed up for 2 weeks straight. We have adjusted some things in your diet and you seem to be finally back to normal. You are now going to the Mother's Morning Out program 2 days a week. You went from being the oldest in your class to the youngest. I think you will be challenged but it was still hard to leave you in there with those "big kids." You have only gone once so far so it is too early to say much about it. I am glad I got to keep you at 1st Baptist with familiar faces and also for you to have some socialization time with other kids.





I think that is a pretty good update on you. We love you and are blessed to have you!

2 comments:

LuLu's Lane said...

He is adorable and growing so fast! I need to come and visit the boys soon. Miss you guys

Leslie said...

Goodness! Could he be any cuter?!? He's always got the cutest expressions in all of his pictures! I can't believe how big he's gotten. How sad are we with our blog updating? I still haven't posted Clay's birthday party post... Guess I need to get to work! Miss you guys!