...yet here we are!
Wyatt and Morgan had their first day of school this week.
Morgan started back to middle school as a 7th grader!
She is cheering for the middle school football team this year. She has practice a few times a week and games will start up later this month. Her plate is definitely full between that and her classes but she is excited about what the year has in store for her and we are too.
And my baby started Kindergarten!
His teacher is new to the school but has taught Kindergarten for the last 7 years. I think Wyatt will really enjoy her class once he learns what her rules are and what she expects. So far, so good. When I picked him up after the first day he asked if he could go back again tomorrow. And he has already decided he wants to go to 1st grade there as well.
I was able to take him to his classroom on the first morning. I saw so many familiar faces everywhere I turned. I ran into my sweet 4th grade teacher who is still there. The principal was my high school math teacher. The 1st grade teacher is a childhood friend. And then there were many parents I knew as well. It was definitely a little mini-reunion.
This morning I dropped Wyatt off out front and he headed inside all on his own. That was definitely tougher than I thought - watching that little boy walk into a new school all by himself. Fortunately, he found his buddy Lawson and they waited together outside the classroom until it was time to go in. BUT, I didn't know that until I picked him up so I was a little worried for him.
This is his little friend Lawson - although he is about a head taller than Wyatt!
Lawson's mom graduated with my brother Aaron and she is the sister-in-law of one of my "oldest" friends! I already feel like we have joined a great big family that we will cherish for years to come.
2 comments:
I just can't believe little Wy is in school! I bet is was an interesting feeling walking the halls with your son. I could not imagine! He is adorable in his first day pics.
Oh wow! That is crazy how much they've changed in those 2 pics! So glad Wyatt is enjoying kindergarten!
Post a Comment