Tuesday, July 26, 2011

18 Months and Counting!

Sweet Chase -

So I feel like you were this age just the other day.




But here we are!



18 months old!


You weigh 24 pounds and are 32 3/4 inches in length.

You are wearing size 24 months and 2T in clothes and a size 4 diaper.

You have lots of new chompers! 12 total with 6 on top and 6 on the bottom. Those big molars that came through were painful but we got through it!


You have days that you are picky and don't seem to want to eat. Then you have days that you are eating everything in sight. Overall you are good eater and make us all laugh with your expressive "Mmmmmm" you give after tasting something yummy. Sunday you were begging peach pie with whipped cream off of everyone's plate. You definitely never pass up a dessert!


You make the silliest faces and expressions. One of your favorites is puckering those lips up!




Well, your little facial expressions and personality definitely make up for your lack of interest in TALKING!

First the walking and now the talking!

You do jibber all the time but you aren't really picking up very many new words. You have a handful of words you say - with Dada and Mama being the most used. Then you say all kinds of things and I can tell you are trying to tell me but you just don't have the words yet.

But I can tell you to do most anything and you totally understand what I am saying to you. You also can pick out animals or objects from books when I ask you to point them out. Your main way to communicate with me is to say MAMA very loud and point at whatever it is you want. I know you will pick up the words on your own time - just like the walking.


Something new we have just started in the last couple of weeks - TIMEOUT. Jeremy actually put you in it first and after he made you stay seated a couple of times, you got it.

This is the time out chair




and this is the timeout timer.



Just 1 minute is all the time you have to do for now! You cry really loud until the timer beeps and then you know you are free and I will be coming to get you.


You still love your Toy Story 3 push car but are also loving the little matchbox cars from Cars and Cars 2. You make the engine noises when you drive them around the floor or edge of the tub.


You now like to run everywhere instead of just walking. So the bumps and bruises are coming right after each other. You have 2 big boo boos on your forehead right now. All I can say is bless your heart.


You are very much loved, especially by these 2!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 18 months old! He's changed so much from his 6 month picture! It's going by fast! Adorable pictures!

LuLu's Lane said...

I can't believe it either- wow 18 months already! I love the lip pucker picture. He is adorable!