Well, there may be some facebooking and some Kindle reading going on. He knows that.
But he doesn't understand why the house is not sparkling clean when he gets home. And why the laundry isn't done, folded, and put away.
You know what happens when I focus on housework and not on child rearing?
This.
Which is why I live by the following motto:
"Cleaning a house with kids around is like putting underwear on an elephant. Extremely difficult and completely pointless."
And then I get all distracted reorganizing my shelves and Chase gets all cranky that I am shutting down the cabinet play time.
Then Jeremy is home and the house looks like it did when he left except for an extremely well organized cabinet which does not impress him. For some reason he likes clean undershirts in his drawer. High maintenance, I know.
So then I try to blame it on the baby.
He looks guilty doesn't he?
But the baby knows he has an in with this guy.
That Stinker.
1 comment:
Ha! I love the underwear on an elephant analogy. This is exactly what happened to me this past weekend. I was cleaning the bathrooms, when Mark walked in and saw the absolute mess Clay had made in the living room. Hey, it kept him quiet and I got the bathrooms done! :o)
Post a Comment