Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend in Review

We had a wonderful but really busy Easter weekend.

We invited all of my family over for Easter lunch on Sunday. That takes some major preparation to feed that many people. So on Saturday morning my sweet dad came up to my house to help me get some of the dishes prepared a day ahead of time.



Jeremy had to work so I was on my own to keep Chase entertained while we were busy in the kitchen.



My dad left about 10:15 and we had to get ready for Wy's first baseball game of the season. This should have been game #3 but the first 2 were rained out.



We are back at Central and are happy with the team and coach. Wyatt is one of the youngest and probably the smallest on his team. Most of these kids played instructional league which he did not do so he has some catching up to do. But he really enjoys it and I was a proud Mama even though we lost 12 - 10.

Then it was back home and I had to run to the grocery to pick up a few more needed items for Sunday lunch.

This is the only picture I got of all 3 kids on Easter. Morgan had put her dress on but hadn't even had a chance to brush her hair! We were rushing that morning to get out the door to the early service.



I did manage to get a pic of Morgan and Wyatt in their "Sunday best" while Chase was napping.



Then it was time to do the final preparations before our guests arrived.

I slacked on picture taking once everyone arrived so I didn't get as many pics as I had hoped. Our sweet friends Stanley and Carolyn Thomas also came to lunch so I think we had a total of 19.

Every year my mom makes the "Behold the Lamb of God" cake.

Isn't it too cute?



And they are cute too!



We hid 190 eggs all over the yard for the kids to hunt. I hid a "golden" egg for each child with their name on it in addition to the regular eggs. They traded in all their eggs for candy and I didn't even remember to check to see who had found the most.



I was wiped out from the weekend. I was in bed by 9 and I took a nap today! But we had a wonderful weekend and it is always great to be able to spend the holidays with our family.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow! 190 eggs! That's a lot! Looks like you had a lot of fun and the Lamb cake is very cute!