Monday, April 18, 2011

Lists and Scrapes

Since Wyatt has learned to write all the letters in the alphabet, he loves to make lists.

If we are getting ready to go somewhere, he asks me how to spell words and writes down what we need to take.

He also likes to make grocery lists. Here is an example of such a list.



Just in case you weren't sure who made the list, he wrote his name for you - Wyatt with a capital D - so you'd know. Then he listed chips underneath.



Then you have the basic staples - milk & break.



And then you have a basic staple if you are Wyatt Donaldson.



Powder Don. translates to Powdered Donuts. Definitely my kind of list.

And now to something totally different. Sunday afternoons at my parents' house.

With this beautiful weather, there are usually about 7 kiddos playing outside. Yesterday they made a great sand castle world in the backyard using leftover sand from a house project. It had what I foolishly called a moat but was quickly corrected and was told it was a trench.

I am going to have to remember to start bringing my camera. Last year at this time, they came up with this.



My parents live at the end of a dead end road so there is not any traffic coming through. This allows the kids to play outside without adult supervision while we sit inside and visit.

That doesn't always go well. Yesterday a toy bird they were playing with got stuck in a Crepe Myrtle tree and Wy tried to climb up it.

He ended up falling and got a few scrapes in the process.

But you know I can always tell how much fun he had by how dirty and scraped up he is. The cleaner and more injury-free he is, the less fun he had.

Check out those dirty little chicken legs.



When I told him I wanted to get pics of his scrapes, he said "yeah, and post them on Facebook."



Chase was snotty and dirty too so into the bath they went.



This picture shows the similarities in their features that I haven't really noticed before.



We still think they look more different than alike but I will say they have the same ears and check out those eyebrows- definitely arched the same. Chase has a fuller face but as he slims up, they may seem to look more alike to me. We shall see.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ouch! Those scrapes look painful! You can definitely tell they are brothers!!

AKA Jane Random said...

I think his list makes perfect sense!

LuLu's Lane said...

oh my at all his boo boo's...poor Wy! Your boys are both super cute. I love list making too- He is such a smart boy!