Philippians 1:3 (Contemporary Version)
Dear Chase,
Today you turned one year old. When I look at this picture, it seems like this was taken just the other day.
And yet, here we are.
You arrived rather quickly on Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 at 8:39 a.m. You weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz and were just 18 inches long.
And you completed our family.
I think my favorite thing about you is your smile.
You wake up with one on your face and go to bed with the same smile.
And you speak volumes with those expressions and those eyebrows!
You are a lovey baby. You love to be held and you give great hugs.
You are such a trooper too. You roll with whatever we have on the schedule for the day. Some days we stay at home and some days I am waking you up to sit in a car for an hour. It doesn't seem to phase you and I am so glad that you are able to adapt.
I am extremely thankful for your good health. You have made it one year without even a case of the sniffles.
Here are your basic stats:
You weigh between 22 and 23 pounds and are about 29 1/2 inches in length.
You have Auburn colored hair and your eyes are hard to describe - kind of a greenish gray.
You have 6 teeth: 2 on bottom and 4 on top.
You have really started to surf the furniture this past week but you can't stand without something to hold on to.
You love snacks! Cheez its are a favorite and you LOVE jelly toast. If you see that someone has food, you crawl over to them and beg until we share with you.
Here you are enjoying your Gigi's cupcake that I brought home for you.
We have started you on whole milk. You drink milk and juice in a sippy cup. You are down to one bottle of milk in the morning and one before bed.
You are so interested in what Wyatt is doing when you two are home together. You prefer his toys - exhibit A: you got your hands on his Memory game this morning.
You are starting to show signs of stranger anxiety. We visited a friend last week who tried to hold you right when we got there and you were not happy about that. Also, the "bug men" were at the house spraying the other day. You crawled into the kitchen and started to cry when you saw them and not me. But you are still happy to be held by family who you see often.
Most people who see you tell us that you look exactly like Wyatt. Your dad and I just don't see it. We do not think you two look alike at all. But what do we know?
I love you with all my heart sweet boy. I truly am blessed to have you in my life. I am looking forward to what the year will bring for you and our family.
Love,
Your Mama
3 comments:
He definitely has a sweet smile!! I love the picture with the Gigi's cupcake!!
Sweet Chase...you are such a blessing to our family! Happy Birthday!
I also love the cupcake pic- he is so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment