As a rule, the last thing I do before leaving the house with the boys, is to get them dressed. It gives them less time to mess their clothes up. For some reason, I dressed Chase this past Sunday before we were anywhere near ready to leave. Since I have the gates up, I can leave Chase free to roam the living room, kitchen, and hallways. I would go out and check on him every few minutes and he was always on the living room floor playing with Wyatt.
On my third trip out to peek in on him, he wasn't in the living room. I looked around knowing he couldn't have gotten too far. Then I heard "Clang, Clang, Clang." Oh no - please tell me I closed the laundry room door.
NOPE. I didn't.
He got Phoebe's food and water dishes. He dumped the entire bowl of water all over his clothes and on the floor. Fortunately, there wasn't any food left or I am sure that would have been tried out as well.
He loves to hit things together and hear the noises they make and he was loving these dog dishes.
As gross as that is, I still took the time to snap a couple pics because this is the stuff that makes life real. The imperfections. The having to undress, re-diaper, and re-dress a squirmy 10 month old. All while trying to get out the door on time.
The next few pics show a typical day of being home with Wy and Chase. Chase is all about Wyatt. And Wyatt is usually very good about playing with Chase. He will crawl around with him, try to move him away from "danger", and usually is OK with Chase playing with his toys - as long as it isn't a toy he is wanting to play with at that moment.
But again, life is not all lovey dovey all the time. They clash. In fact, Chase gets on Wyatt's nerves especially when Wy is trying to build something. Wyatt is constantly saying "CHASE! NO!" I keep telling Wyatt if he would just give Chase one matchbox car of the 20 he is playing with that he would be satisfied.
Exhibit A - Wyatt was desperately trying to shelter his Lincoln Logs and keep Chase away from them. So much for sharing.
I think Chase wanted Wyatt's attention more than the Lincoln Logs.
Look at that posture - MUST. SAVE. LINCOLN. LOGS.
Finally, Wyatt relented and gave Chase the attention he was begging for.
And all was well again - for about 5 minutes.
1 comment:
SO SWEET!!!
Post a Comment