Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wonder Who He Gets This From?

My sweet husband went to the grocery store for me today. He even cleaned out the refrigerator and cabinets when he put said groceries away! Yeah, he knows it is Valentine's Day. Anyway, we always put Wy's juice boxes in the bottom right drawer so he can get one out when he asks. J got several kinds and dumped each carton of drinks in the drawer on top of each other.


When Wy got up from his nap, he asked if he could have a juice box and was told yes. (Due to the egg incident, he is always supposed to ask permission before getting in the refrigerator.) Anyway, when he opened the drawer, his inner OCD kicked in and here is the result...







Other random stories from this week:

Yesterday, I took Wy outside to play. I thought it was chilly and had on a coat.

Me: Wy, do you want a jacket? It is kinda chilly out here.

Wy: No thanks, I have fur to keep me warm.

Me: Rrright... silly me, you have fur.

Wy: Uh huh, like a Tapir.

For those of you who do not watch Diego, a Tapir is large. pig shaped mammal that lives in South America and Southeast Asia. And they say don't let your children watch TV.



OK, I debated on sharing this one but my mom will appreciate this as I did something similar to her when I was 4.

Today I was getting dressed and Wy was nearby as always.

Wy: Tee hee hee hee. Mama, I see your bid ole FAT BUTT!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (picture J's laugh)

Me: WY!!! Say BOTTOM not BUTT! And, while you are at it, say LITTLE TINY BOTTOM too!

(And that is not a misprint. He says 'bid' for the word 'big'.)


And the last "I'm so glad my child doesn't act like that" story:

You would think I would have learned not to ask questions that I already know the answer to. I walked into the living room and found a puzzle box torn into two pieces. Now I know that I didn't do it and neither did J. AND, it really irritated me that the box was torn. So, in a stern and unhappy Mama voice, I say "WYATT! Did you tear up your puzzle box?"

He looks me directly in my eyes and says "No."

Me: Taken slightly aback because he usually fesses up. "Oh really...well then who tore it up?" Ha - I got him now.

Wy: (thinks for a moment) Looks me directly in the eyes again and calmly says "The skunk" and proceeds to stick his little booty out and says "sssssssss" like a skunk is spraying.

I look at J for help and he has turned his head b/c the parenting books say it isn't good for your child to see that you are amused when you are trying to discipline them.

7 comments:

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Too funny. I have an organizer too and a fat story. When I was pregnant with Mason one of the girls asked my Grandmother if she had a baby in her belly. My Grandmother said, no I'm just fat. So, after I had him I was in the dressing room trying to find some pants that fit and Keeli said very loudly "Mommy you don't have a baby in your belly you're just fat!"

Leslie said...

That was hilarious! He is too cute! I can't believe he organized the juice drawer like that! If Clay takes after his daddy, he's going to be just like that!

Aaron and Erica said...

Oh Emily...I wish you could come to my house for a few days to document the lives of my children. I just love your blog - thank you for bringing more laughter to my day. The skunk story is my favorite.

See you tomorrow!

Love,

Erica

elise said...

Ok. So I loved the skunk story! I know that feeling of 'I can't laugh I'm getting on to them' very well! I really enjoy reading your blog! You always document the kind of things I never think to.
Elise

Matt said...

Love it!
Send him over to work on my fridge.

Anonymous said...

OH, what a little worker he is!!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! Look at those mad organizational skills!!! I think I LOVE that boy!