Sunday, February 8, 2009

Any Given Sunday...

...you can usually find me following a certain routine: church, lunch at my parents' house, and then home.

But this Sunday was better because the weather was PERFECT...and I had my camera with me. So the children played outside, we all went for a walk in the woods, and the day ended with an excursion up to our land. Here are some highlights from our day.


Since Wy turns 3 on Tuesday, he went to Children's Church. I can't believe my baby is too big for nursery!



After lunch at my parents, we all went for a walk in the woods behind their house.




Chloe didn't let a little thing like a dress and stockings get in her way of exploring.




I was able to get a few of Clara (You You) and Chloe who are just a few months apart. They are just precious little girls with such unique little personalities. Clara has been a perfect fit for our family already.







It didn't take Clara long to realize that if she would sit and smile for me, that she would then get to look at a picture of herself on the back of my camera.





It was such a nice day, we all decided to head up to our land to see our building project.

You know what children do when they see a HUGE pile of red clay dirt?

This is Emma, Jack, and Morgan. Jack was halfway up the hill before I was even out of our car.



Of course Wy scrambled up after them and they all slid down on their "bommins."



Pretty much all the children were covered from head to toe in red dirt...but you know what? They had a blast.



I love this picture of David Aaron and Wy.
DA: You wanna try to touch the moon? I think we can reach it if we take a huge leap off this dirt pile and use our special powers.
Wy: OK, you be Spiderman and I be Batman.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should be a professional photographer. These are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Awh! You guys had a great day! I love the pictures or little Clara! Oh, and I LOVE the last picture of the boys looking at the moon. Oh, to be a kid again!

Aaron and Erica said...

Oooohhhh...I just love seeing pictures of my little girl on your blog :) These turned out great. Of course I adore the ones of Clara, but I do think the one of DA and WY w/ the moon might be the best one. It was a fun day!

Love you,

Erica

Matt said...

Love it!

LuLu's Lane said...

Girl your photos always rock! I love that last one of the boys and the one of Wy with is red foot is too funny. It looks like you guys had a good day together. The weather was perfect!

Melissa said...

What a great day Emily!
The others have stolen my words...LOVE the pictures! Especially the last one.
And Clara....so very sweet. :o)