Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Update While Quarantined

I have been house bound all this week with the worst cold/flu death illness that I have had in a long time. So needless to say, this week has not been an easy one for anyone in our family. When Mama is down, it kinda throws everything off balance. Wyatt actually had it first this past weekend and just as he was getting better on Monday, I had it by that night. Thankfully, Jeremy has the immune system of a...well I don't know what a good comparison would be (mind you, I am medicated as I type) - let's just say he is a healthy guy and has managed to dodge this awful illness so far.

So I don't have any cute photos or stories - well, I have one I am debating on sharing - so I thought I would just update you all on some other important things going on in our lives.

Remember that thing about us building a house that we have talked about FOREVER? Well, things are finally moving with that project. We signed a contract with our builder, Ray Warner, who is licensed to build in TN. The house has been staked out and work on the foundation should begin next week. Because our property is acreage and not residential, we had to stake out where our driveway will be so that the Lincoln County Fire Department could issue us a 911/permanent address. I am going to start taking pictures of the building process and I will post updates every now and then.

Another blessing for our family is that my brother Aaron and his wife Erica have received their Letter of Acceptance from China for the little girl they are adopting. They will know in another 2 - 4 weeks when they can actually travel to China to adopt her. They will be taking their 2 boys with them and my parents will also go along for this memorable journey. I hope to post a picture of her if that is OK with Erica or you can ask to be added to their blog by sending Erica an email. Just let me know if you want that info. They are going to name her Clara You (pronounced Yo) Mei Hammond. Her Chinese name is Wei You (pronounced Way Yo) which I think is just adorable so they are going to keep part of her Chinese name to go along with her new American name. She is T -Tiny and just precious. So more to come on that in the next couple of months.

OK, so the one little line that I can remember out of this horrid week of the death flu came from who else? The beginning stage of this started out as a really bad head cold which meant the dreaded constant blowing of the nose. So Wyatt is sitting next to me in my bed looking at books. And I had to blow my nose. And not to be too descriptive, but it was a successful venture as far as nose blowing goes. You don't do it for fun, you do it b/c you HAVE to. So I give my nose a good blow and Wyatt looks at me and says: Hey Mama, do you have die-a-wee-a in your nose?
I didn't think it was possible to laugh when you felt as bad as I did but that just cracked me up. Where does he come up with this stuff?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha!!! Wy's comment cracked me up!!! Bless your heart! I hope you get to feeling better soon! I need a girl's night out and I miss you! I feel like we haven't done anything in forever!!

LuLu's Lane said...

Out of the mouth of Babes! Too funny. Kids do say the funniest things. I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the house.XoXo

Melissa said...

Based on your description of Wyatt and his silly comments, I'm thinking Allison would LOVE him.
I hope you feel better soon!!
(and congratulations to you on the house project and to your brother and SIL on the adoption process!)