Well, I now know that my gallbladder is functioning at 70% which, in the world of gallbladders, is sufficient. I did manage to get in this afternoon and see my family doctor. Fortunately she worked me in even though I had not been to see her in over a year. That just goes to show that I am usually a very healthy person. Anyway, it was late in day which prevented her from getting any additional tests done. Based on what I was able to tell her about my week, she decided to treat my symptoms at this point b/c she can't pinpoint the exact problem either. She said she would have ruled out the gallbladder as well and since I had already done that, she is guessing it is "muscle/skeletal" related. Could have something to do with my 4 wheeler accident but no real way to tell. She gave me some anti-inflammatory (sp?) meds and a prescription for pain pills if I run out. If I am the same or worse by Tuesday then I am to call her office and more tests will be ordered. SO I am asking everyone to pray that the pain will go away and I will chalk this experience up to sleeping well at night knowing I have a functioning gallbladder.
ON A MUCH BRIGHTER NOTE - I totally forgot to tell everyone the really good news that we learned this week...we have a contract on our house in New Market and are scheduled to close on August 27th! YAY!!! That was all happening at the same time that all this medical stuff was going on. So needless to say we are so excited to be closing on our house. Please say a prayer that all will go well with that process as well.
Thanks for all the concern about my health. Please keep a dear friend of mine's husband in your prayers. (I am asking for lots of those today.) His name is Eddie and he has been in pain for 2 weeks now and they have not been able to determine what is wrong with him either. Take care everyone...
2 comments:
Oh how sweet Em, I am gonna cry~ we need all the prayers we can get. I am so glad you don't have to have surgery. Congrats on selling the house, I know you are thrilled about that one. Good seeing you today. xoxo
Hope you are feeling better this week. I'll be praying for Eddie...
Don't forget to post about the pony attack in your mom's van when you get a chance :)
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment